AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Glenn Slaven,
If you grow tired of the camouflage stock, McMillan’s website states they can change the color for a nominal fee?
CEH
I did not know that. I will say though, it would seem as a shame since this thing has been around on here forever. It’s distinctive for sure. It’s the only gun my wife knows by sight.

CoElkHunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I did not know that. I will say though, it would seem as a shame since this thing has been around on here forever. It’s distinctive for sure. It’s the only gun my wife knows by sight.
Well, maybe you do need to change the stock color to “camouflage “ it from your wife? If not, it would be one more rifle your wife knows you have? Ha! Ha! That’s why my rifles all have generic walnut stocks, so to MY wife They all look the same so she doesn’t know when I buy another one. Ha! Ha!

Glenn Slaven

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Well, maybe you do need to change the stock color to “camouflage “ it from your wife? If not, it would be one more rifle your wife knows you have? Ha! Ha! That’s why my rifles all have generic walnut stocks, so to MY wife They all look the same so she doesn’t know when I buy another one. Ha! Ha!
This is marriage v2.0. I learned from first one, especially if there is an income gap between the two of us, separate finances are the key to marital bliss. (That and not having girlfriends, but that’s pretty obvious). I can go on my hunts, buy my watches and rifles, etc and I don’t have to catch any crap. It’s pretty awesome actually. Lol

tarbe

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Glenn - glad you got her out for some exercise.

I find it to be a very easy rifle to shoot...very comfortable for the amount of thump. I have had rifles with considerably less power that did not manage the recoil impulse as well.

Glenn Slaven

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Glenn - glad you got her out for some exercise.

I find it to be a very easy rifle to shoot...very comfortable for the amount of thump. I have had rifles with considerably less power that did not manage the recoil impulse as well.

B/c of this rifle and how much I like everything about it, I’m considering a Blaser barrel for it now. I can’t help myself. Lol

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Dang! I just saw that you finally sold this rifle! And to think I was getting ready to send you your full original asking price for it! I kept holding out trying to find a matching bowling ball to go with the stock, and missed out again! :LOL:
Congrats @Glenn Slaven !

Glenn Slaven

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Dang! I just saw that you finally sold this rifle! And to think I was getting ready to send you your full original asking price for it! I kept holding out trying to find a matching bowling ball to go with the stock, and missed out again! :LOL:
Congrats @Glenn Slaven !
Lol. I knew it looked like something. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

tarbe

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Only about 3.5 months left to keep this epic classified thread alive!

It took 7 months to sell....which might be quick compared to the next rifles I list!!

Let's see....there is a No 1 in 30-40 Krag, a couple Savage M99 (308 and 300 Sav), a pre-64 M70 in 257 Roberts (with two stocks, factory and a McWoody)... :)

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
It took 7 months to sell....which might be quick compared to the next rifles I list!!

Let's see....there is a No 1 in 30-40 Krag, a couple Savage M99 (308 and 300 Sav), a pre-64 M70 in 257 Roberts (with two stocks, factory and a McWoody)... :)
Say it’s not true about selling the Bob! We need to talk, I’ve got to get you off this frickin ledge!

tarbe

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Say it’s not true about selling the Bob! We need to talk, I’ve got to get you off this frickin ledge!

What can I say? I feel like I need to go on a gun diet.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
What can I say? I feel like I need to go on a gun diet.
As the voice of reason here, those guns do not make you ass look fat!

tarbe

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
As the voice of reason here, those guns do not make you ass look fat!

The world's reaction to this Covid-19 is killing my cash flow! Too many throats/chambers/magazines to feed!

You will know it is really bad if I start selling powder and primers!

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa

How are you and @Bullthrower338 going to go on your "Krag Hunt" if you have no Krag???

tarbe

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.