First Hunting Safari to South Africa in June -- What Should be on the Hunt List?

Set your budget, and trust your PH, you may end up with a beautiful trophy you didn´t even think about.

Come to think of it, you can probably take a solid combination of almost any three of the below (even four if you’re efficient) just out of your $2,000 trophy fees you each have coming to you.

Blesbok
Bushbuck
Duiker
Red Hartebeest
Impala
Springbok
Warthog
Blue Wildebeest
Black Wildebeest
Zebra
Steenbok

Pick out two different sets of three above, giving you six different hunts and a whole bunch of experience.

Then set a budget and pick anything “bigger” as they come to you during the hunt. Maybe a Kudu or a Waterbuck or a Nyala.

Last edited:
What exactly did you win? What expenses are you still responsible for?

Have you looked at his price list?

http://www.thabammoyo.co.za/admin/ckeditor/kcfinder/file/2017 Pricelist.pdf

That's his 2017 price list -- be sure to ask him if 2018 prices are still the same.

Most of his prices are above market average. He has good prices on impala, warthog, blesbuck, Common Duiker, Common Springbuck, and steenbuck. He has "okay" prices on zebra and blue wildebeest.

Attachments

• 2017 Pricelist.pdf
    673.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Thanks Postoak. The hunt includes 5 days of 1X1 hunting for 2 hunters (PHs, trackers, skinners and field trophy prep), daily fees and $2k each in trophy fees. I added a couple of days and plan to put some more toward trophy fees for each of us (I always tell my son that I wish I was my kid!).

Yep, already confirmed with him that his trophy fees are still the same for 2018.

What exactly did you win? What expenses are you still responsible for?

Have you looked at his price list?

http://www.thabammoyo.co.za/admin/ckeditor/kcfinder/file/2017 Pricelist.pdf

That's his 2017 price list -- be sure to ask him if 2018 prices are still the same.

Most of his prices are above market average. He has good prices on impala, warthog, blesbuck, Common Duiker, Common Springbuck, and steenbuck. He has "okay" prices on zebra and blue wildebeest.
Yes, my list is obsolete. It assumed average market prices. Use postoak’s guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois