Finished my 8x57

Aaaand I have another question,did you make the stock from a blank?
Zoomed in a bit on the pics,blueing looks really nice.
As does the rest of the work.

Aaaand I have another question,did you make the stock from a blank?
Zoomed in a bit on the pics,blueing looks really nice.
As does the rest of the work.
The stock was a 90% inletted semi finished stock that i had from the 1970s made by Fagien or Bishop out of the USA both are no longer in business, I built a 358 Norma but ended up
using a different stock . Brownells sell an almost identical stock, one with a cheek piece & one with out, made by Wood plus my son used one, it
was a very good product.

Last edited:
Well done! Classic lines. Did you glass bed the rifle as well? Let us know how it shoots…

Do you rustblue indoors?
Reason I`m asking is I´d rather not get rust all over everyting else.
But that might not be a problem with this method.
I need to try this somed day,got a ´68 Remmy 700 that needs to be (re)blued.

Do you rustblue indoors?
Reason I`m asking is I´d rather not get rust all over everyting else.
But that might not be a problem with this method.
I need to try this somed day,got a ´68 Remmy 700 that needs to be (re)blued.
Not in the house but in a 8x12 shed workshop if you keep the solution closed when not in use i do not believe you will rust other things just do not mix it indoors.

Rust bluing is a very rewarding process. I'm with ChrisG on the final sanding recommendations of 320 grit so the rusting solution gets a better "bite". After I'm satisfied with the number of cycles, I finish with a German made lamp black pigment mixed with linseed oil and baked on twice. It really evens out the finish and adds another layer of protection.
May I ask what pigment you used?
Schmincke?

It is Grumbacher Academy Lamp Black mixed with US Art Supply refined linseed oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross