Favorite Food

Along with music, browser history, and posts on various forums, one of the best ways to get to know someone is to find out what they eat. I decided to make a few categories.

Fruit: Apples. Definetly Apples. Being more specific, my favorite apples are Red & Golden Delicious. Besides apples, I also like oranges, mangoes, and pomegranates.

Vegetables: When it comes to vegetables, I usually gravitate towards leafy & collard greens. Also potatoes.

Bread, Grain, Cereal, etc.: Baguettes are my #1 along with naan bread. And pancakes when I can get them. For cereal, it's usually Panda Puffs.

Meat: As far as farm meats go, my favorite is lamb, especially rack of lamb and leg of lamb. I also like beef (especially a good steak), pork (bacon is love, bacon is life) and duck (my family eats that instead of turkey every Thanksgiving). My personal favorite meat is the game meat I had in South Africa (impala, wildebeest, springbok, and kudu). For seafood, my favorites are tuna, salmon, and lobster.

Dairy: I don't drink milk anymore. I switched to almond milk and now regular milk gives me a stomach ache. I still eat cheese though. My personal favorites include Paneer, mozzarella, Pepper Jack, and provolone. I also like cream cheese (especially salmon flavored). My favorite dairy product however is ice cream. My favorite ice cream flavors are strawberry, mint-chocolate chip, cookie dough, mango, and anything with peanut butter.

Junk Food: I try to stay away from junk food save for occasions. Usually it's chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk and candy. My favorite candies are of the Resses brand or anything with peanut butter like Butterfingers. I also like Linda's Lollies and all the other kinds of sweets.

Foreign Food: Indian food all the way. Curries, chicken tandoori, palak paneer, masala dosas, the works. Other favorites include Mexican food, That food, Chinese food, and sushi

Fruit: Blueberries followed closely by blackberries.

Vegetables: Depends on how they're prepared. If raw and uncooked, it is clearly red vadalia onions. Yeah I know. I'm weird. If cooked, Brussel sprouts brazed with olive oil and butter, then sautéed in a honey mustard sauce with bacon.
Bread/Grains/Cereal: Since I like to make my own bread (Yes, I bake! You got a problem with that? :A Tease:) it would be a multi-grain wheat and oat bread. For cereals, I like Frosted Mini Wheats.

Meat: My favorite meat is elk followed closely by moose. I prefer my own dry rub on it sitting for 24hrs in the fridge and then grilled over charcoal. No gas grill for me. My second would be beef ribs rubbed with the same dry rub and smoked for 6-8 hours with hickory in my smoker.

Dairy: I like muenster cheese, and since I make pizza from scratch every Friday for the family (pizza and movie night), I like mozzarella. But it has to be fresh mozzarella.

Junk Food: I'm guessing this would include cakes and pastries. Again, since I bake, it would have to be blueberry muffins with lemon cream cheese icing. I make it for my boys about once a month. They devour them.

Foreign Food: This is a tough one. One of my all time favorites is a Korean noodle dish called Cha Chang Mien. But I also like Bul-go-gi, which is a marinated beef. My other favorites would be Lamb Vindaloo (Indian), Duck a la Orange (French) and a good Gyro (Greek).

Drink: I think this needs to be added because a good drink should be added to good food. My preference is Glenfiddich Scotch Whisky. The year will depend on what I'm eating. Smoked meats and wild game pair well with the 18 year or 15 year distiller's addition, while good fish like salmon go well with the 25. For most dining, I pretty much stick with the 15 or 18.

Drink: I think this needs to be added because a good drink should be added to good food. My preference is Glenfiddich Scotch Whisky. The year will depend on what I'm eating. Smoked meats and wild game pair well with the 18 year or 15 year distiller's addition, while good fish like salmon go well with the 25. For most dining, I pretty much stick with the 15 or 18.

I've always found their 15 to be the best value. I can think of others I'd rather pay 100 dollars for.

I've always found their 15 to be the best value. I can think of others I'd rather pay 100 dollars for.
I do like other whisky brands, but because Glenfiddich is my favorite, I buy it when traveling abroad. I was in Taiwan once and found the 21 year at the duty free shop for $90 US. I bought four bottles. :A Banana:

Beer would be first and foremost. Followed closely by scotch, then Rum. The solids are just a bonus....lol

Meat, roast, backstraps, jerky, etc...

I've got to add another favorite. Homemade Xhosa bread. I love bread, and sourdough in particular. But this bread is the best I've ever had.

20160716_184329.jpg

20160716_184418.jpg

image.jpg

The folks at Flintbeck baked pot bread one night and it was just outstanding.

when we are in africa we find every thing we eat is great,and the red wines of africa are superb.

I didn't take a picture but some of my eland got ground up into burger meat. The staff grilled some up and man were they great. Also kabobs from eland were very tasty!

when we are in africa we find every thing we eat is great,and the red wines of africa are superb.

Totally agree @edward .

And cooking on the braii is just so good. I grew up grilling and with great Texas BBQ, but I have to admit that SA style is right up there.

I didn't take a picture but some of my eland got ground up into burger meat. The staff grilled some up and man were they great. Also kabobs from eland were very tasty!
charlie,we had elephant kebabs from the cheek meat grilled over an open fire on retrieval day.great!!!

Totally agree @edward .

And cooking on the braii is just so good. I grew up grilling and with great Texas BBQ, but I have to admit that SA style is right up there.

Royal the Flintbeck Lodge folks presented me with a book on how to braii so I look forward to trying some of the recipes

charlie,we had elephant kebabs from the cheek meat grilled over an open fire on retrieval day.great!!!

I wish we had done that Edward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois