Export bullets from South Africa

300wm

AH member
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
31
Location
Buenos Aires. Argentina
Media
3
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
1
Hunted
Argentina
Hi everybody.
In just 25 days my first safari will begin.
Because of the high prices of the bullets for reloading here in Argentina (one box of Sierra .30 180 grains almost 100 usd), i want to know if there is any restriction to travel with bullets from Johannesburg airport.
Thanks.
 
Nope. Not from the South African side. Just place them in your check in luggage, as they might confuse security when they are in hand luggage.
 
Nope. Not from the South African side. Just place them in your check in luggage, as they might confuse security when they are in hand luggage.


Ok thanks. But if i put the bullets in the check in luggage what risk can I have?.
I have my papers OK for admisssion in my country.
 
Just to clarify. We are talking bullets as in copper & lead here, and not live ammunition?

In that case they are not considered ammunition, and you can travel with them with no documentation
 
Just to clarify. We are talking bullets as in copper & lead here, and not live ammunition?

In that case they are not considered ammunition, and you can travel with them with no documentation

Yes Sir, just the bullets, not ammunition.
Thanks.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,388
Messages
1,574,811
Members
170,177
Latest member
oncloudtilt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top