Endurance Discovery

Firebird

AH legend
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
3,856
Reaction score
11,484
Location
Utah
Media
412
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
6
Hunted
South Africa
Have read a book about this voyage and awhile back there was a good article in Sports Afield magazine. And now, sleeping in the cold locker, is Shackleton’s long lost ship. Very fascinating, eager to know more!
BC76A35A-B93D-4B80-8FA8-3354498B9C6B.jpeg
 
The story on their whole expedition is amazing. The fact that they all survived, and managed to make it back is a testament to times of strong men, and great leadership.

I really enjoy the excavations at their camp, especially where they found 3 cases of Mackinlays Scotch buried in the ice!
 
It’s interesting to read about this account and then about the whale ship Essex (Philbricks in the Heart of the Sea). Similar circumstances, vastly different outcomes.
 
It’s also interesting to compare Shackleton’s leadership with that of Robert Falcon Scott’s earlier disaster.
 
It’s also interesting to compare Shackleton’s leadership with that of Robert Falcon Scott’s earlier disaster.
Yeah Shackleton worked for Scott years earlier and they didn’t get along. Shackleton left Scotts ship early with health problems but everyone assumed it was because he wouldn’t put up with Scotts leadership style.
 
One of the better vids I have watched-from the crew that made the discovery. Some fascinating details, and further salvage info etc
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,237
Members
169,287
Latest member
MarcellaHo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top