Embargo placed on outgoing cargo from Windhoek

Anon

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I hunted Namibia last fall and my trophy shipment is ready but today I received an email from Pronto stating that there is an “embargo” on outgoing shipments from Windhoek. This is due to the screening machine not meeting industry standards and airlines now refusing cargo.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Has this type of thing happened before? Any guesses on the delay it’ll add?

That’s interesting. I also have a shipment with Pronto that I expected to be ready by now but haven’t heard any updates.

Watching this thread with interest .

My importer (Advanced Taxidermy in Ontario) has never heard of this happening before.

The sceptic in me says it sounds like someone is trying to get more storage fees out of people.

Who’s your customs broker/agent? I had a shipment come out of Namibia maybe a month ago. It was supposed to go last year but they “ran out of paper forms” which resulted in the Christmas Holiday occurring and then something else came up. I didn’t incur any additional storage fees.

My recommendation is call Wyatt at Safari Specialty Importers.

I have uses Pronto 3 times. Peter has never charged me storage even when I had a shipment that became a resident during covid.

safe travels

Who’s your customs broker/agent? I had a shipment come out of Namibia maybe a month ago. It was supposed to go last year but they “ran out of paper forms” which resulted in the Christmas Holiday occurring and then something else came up. I didn’t incur any additional storage fees.

My recommendation is call Wyatt at Safari Specialty Importers.
I’m using Advanced Taxidermy in Caledon, Ontario. They seem to be doing well.

As of now, this situation isn’t really a big deal and so far everything’s gone smoothly and according to reasonable timeframes. My hope is this matter will resolve itself within a few weeks. But I’ll keep that referral in mind if the situation doesn’t get sorted.

Dear Hunting Community,
We as Yellow Shark Logistics CC, also the Cargo Agent for Ethiopia Airlines in Namibia hereby confirm that there is an embargo on ALL outgoing cargo from Namibia (HKIA-WDH).
This embargo is in place because the only ground handling agent for all airlines flying to and from Namibia's screening license has a problem.
Kindly note that this in not only hunting trophies but all cargo going out of Namibia via HKIA, WDH.
We know that they are working round the clock to get this problem sorted as soon as possible.
As soon as we have any news on when the embargo will be lifted we will give an update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you