Elephant Howdah

Jason1971

Reaction score
Hi
Is anyone interested in buying my 16th/17th century Asian elephant howdah? It is approximately 4ft by 4ft square. I can't find another one like it despite the power of the internet! I would reluctantly sell it because it is too large for my new lounge

IMG_20161010_104639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos may help.

Are you calling the platform/saddle the howdah? 4X4?

Most people on this site would consider a howdah a large gauge pistol for keeping attacking tigers off of the elephant you are riding.

Photos may help.

Are you calling the platform/saddle the howdah? 4X4?

Most people on this site would consider a howdah a large gauge pistol for keeping attacking tigers off of the elephant you are riding.
Hi Jason, I'm keen on buying. How much do you want for it?

Photo looks great.

How much do you want and how do you know it is 400-500 years old? Do you have the provenance on it and how did it come into your possession.

+1

how·dah
[ˈhoudə]
NOUN
  1. (in South Asia) a seat for riding on the back of an elephant or camel, typically with a canopy and accommodating two or more people.

Hi i am french and i have about the same howdah.
But i know nothing about this beautiful piece.
Please can you say more about this table.
Where and when it was made.
Did you seel already at what price.
Thanks you a lot.

Just for the record, a Howdah pistol is indeed basically a sawed-off shotgun pistol. Its primary purpose was to protect the riders on/in the elephant howdah (the platform or basket). The pistol is named after the platform.

Kind regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!