Eld-x bullets

I can’t say because I wont use them in thicker skinned animals, but basically, Hornady has marketed a match bullet as a hunting bullet, which is fine if you get that nice broadside shot. BUT, when driven fast, and you need to go through a shoulder to hit vitals, they are known to separate and explode, which even Hornady acknowledges. I would use them on pronghorn, deer, and the smaller antelope, but give me a 55” kudu quartering toward me where I need to drive through shoulder to get to vitals, and the ELD-X is one of the last bullets I’d want, and I’d probably pass on the shot. I get that they are accurate, but with bullets like the Federal Terminal Ascent on the market, I just don’t see the need for the ELD-X.
 
A lot of what is behind this thread are our personal biases on bullet design relative to terminal performance. Members who I respect greatly like the ELD-X and Berger bullets. These are bullets that are designed to expand almost explosively after entering the target. They claim to have good experience with them and I believe them.

I personally prefer more controlled expansion. I am an A-Frame addict. For long range applications I shoot a Nosler AccuBond LR. I like to break through bone and know I will have a good exit wound.

So IMO to answer a question on ELD-X performance, I think you first need to decide what your expectations of a bullet’s terminal performance are.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,969
Members
169,879
Latest member
RoscoeGars
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top