Eezox Lubricants

larry4831

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
hi, just wondering if any you guys out there have tried eezox lubricants for gun cleaning and gun maintenance. I've read good reports about it but you also like to hear from hunters and Shooters too.
Thanks
Larry

I have used Eezox gun care, normally use it to wipe down the metal parts of my guns after handling, it seems to work as advertised for this application.

Never heard of it before now!

Never heard of it before now!
It is supposed to be really good stuff for preventing rust. it says you can even clean with it, outside inside the bore wherever. It is a dry lube, spray it on let it dry and you're done. From what I read it's supposed to be one of the best.

It is supposed to be really good stuff for preventing rust. it says you can even clean with it, outside inside the bore wherever. It is a dry lube, spray it on let it dry and you're done. From what I read it's supposed to be one of the best.

Interesting. I'll check this out.

How does this compare to say Birchwood-Casey Barricade? I use that product on all of my firearms as a rust preventative, and so far have been happy.

I'll have to give the Eezox a look though.....I'm always on the lookout for something better........which tends to be a problem sometime....:whistle:

I don't know about barricade I've never used it. What I do if I've been shooting some on my faster calibers, I will clean with Butch bore shine and then I thoroughly dry patch, and then I put down a light layer of eezox. I've gotten a lot of copper foul out with Butch's, however ,it tells you that you can use eezox as a bore cleaner also. It may be a great rust preventative but I don't think it's as affective as Other Solvents for cleaning barrels.

It's not very good for fine guns, it's really a tactical dry lubricant / sealant for military applications.

What it is absolutely excellent for is protecting color case hardening. It is a go-to to seal and protect case colors instead of laquer.

You want the bottle, not the spray for the above purpose.

It's not very good for fine guns, it's really a tactical dry lubricant / sealant for military applications.

What it is absolutely excellent for is protecting color case hardening. It is a go-to to seal and protect case colors instead of laquer.

You want the bottle, not the spray for the above purpose.
Rookhawk, why do you say it's not good for fine firearms?

I hadn't heard of it either. Learn something new everyday though. Here's the link for the stuff, it does look interesting, especially since it is synthetic and non-petroleum based.

http://www.eezox.com/gun-care.html

I read something a few years ago on another gun blog on a topic of various gun cleaning and lubricating products. One guy, either a mechanical or chemical engineer, stated that you could go buy a quart bottle of synthetic automatic transmission fluid and for a few bucks you'd have a very large supply of gun cleaner and lubricant. As you can imagine, that created quite a controversy.

Rookhawk, why do you say it's not good for fine firearms?

Because it builds up layers that bonds to the metal and wood. It is a challenge to remove, you don't want it over a hand rubbed oil finish as a non permeable barrier, etc.

Klenzoil is what I recommend as a harmless, mediocre oil that won't injure fine gun's stocks so you can wipe it everywhere. Kroil too has its advantages for purely metal applications. (And mobile 1 is okay too on metal)

I'm not a lubricant fanatic, I just don't want the lube to injure my guns.

Because it builds up layers that bonds to the metal and wood. It is a challenge to remove, you don't want it over a hand rubbed oil finish as a non permeable barrier, etc.

Klenzoil is what I recommend as a harmless, mediocre oil that won't injure fine gun's stocks so you can wipe it everywhere. Kroil too has its advantages for purely metal applications. (And mobile 1 is okay too on metal)

I'm not a lubricant fanatic, I just don't want the lube to injure my guns.
Sure, I understand that. I don't want my guns ruined either. But I don't use it on the wood just metal, and kroil as much as I like it is very poor for rust protection

I use it all the time. One of the best rust preventatives out there and it dries without being oily. Protects bores without running down and gumming the firing pin. I also use it to foul the bore before leaving for Africa. Take a clean gun light patch of eezox. Fire a round. clean with eezox, repeat for 3 rounds and good to go for the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross