East London / Johannesburg connection

Nosler guy

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
sci
We are in the process of trying to book flights for our Mar/Apr 2018 hunt in the East Cape. Have come across a fairly attractive flight package with good connections - only one concern. On the return there is a short connection in Johannesburg, only 1hr 55min between the flight in from East London until the flight out of Johannesburg.

Wondering if this is enough time? no experience with that connection, not sure if we will have to claim and recheck bags, do security a second time etc. etc. Both flights are South African Air.

Will be checking with the airline, but sometimes info and feedback from an every day Hunter person is more valuable. Any help or information from someone with experience would be really appreciated, thanks in advance...

Forgot to mention - there wouldn't be any firearms involved - borrowing guns on this hunt

Nosler Guy

Last edited:
We've made that same connection with rifles. Without it would be a breeze.

Shouldn't be an issue all being normal. Good luck with the hunt for the tickets and welcome to the Eastern Cape.

Two hours layover between domestic and international at JNB is quite normal. I've done it many, many times.

//Gus

Agree, shouldn't be an issue

I did it once with firearms and had time for one brew, but it was close. We had to pick up bags and firearms and then recheck everything which slowed things down.

No firearms would be a piece of cake especially if you can check your luggage through to your final destination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalinaKers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you