Dry Fire Chapuis Elan or Iphisi

roverandbrew

AH fanatic
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
728
Reaction score
2,381
Media
43
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
United States, South Africa, Zambia
Based off a Chapuis e-mail found online they recommend not using snap caps in their double rifles. Dry firing is recommended. Can anyone confirm they read this the same way. AI research also confirmed no snap caps.
 

Attachments

  • Chapuis Memo.jpeg
    Chapuis Memo.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 151

ChatGPT response
 
1773106401784.png


Perplexity pulled the e-mail off AH and used the Chapuis site. I am not convinced its ok so dry fire the Iphisi.
 
Look up tom Leoni on this site and ask him directly, he will know the definitive answer
 
Can confirm as that email was written to me.

No idea about other chapuis - mine was bought used and I cant see any markings about model apart from 'progress' on the foreend


My enquiry added for context:

1773165257339.png
 
Can confirm as that email was written to me.

No idea about other chapuis - mine was bought used and I cant see any markings about model apart from 'progress' on the foreend


My enquiry added for context:

View attachment 751953
I truly appreciate your response on this. I spoke with the Beretta gallery today and they are under the impression no snap caps on the Agex action (Elan and Iphisi).
 
Based off a Chapuis e-mail found online they recommend not using snap caps in their double rifles. Dry firing is recommended. Can anyone confirm they read this the same way. AI research also confirmed no snap caps.
Youve fu**ed it, only thing to do is bring it to zambia and leave it with me to use as a boat paddle now.
:A Stirring: :ROFLMAO:
 
A boat paddle it will need to be as I am sure @spike.t has not fixed that boat engine yet! I am making a plan to get over shortly.
 
I talk to JJ and he said that there are absolutely no problems dry firing the Chapuis with quality aluminum snap caps from places like NECG!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,264
Messages
1,570,984
Members
169,213
Latest member
Gamenextdoor
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top