Drilling Combination Gun question

Discussion in 'Up To .375' started by Big5er, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Big5er

Big5er AH Member

I have my eye on a Sauer 3000 drilling in 12G double over 30-06. I am interested in sending it to Briley to have a choke system installed. I was wondering the pros and the cons. Will it affect the value? It is currently F/M. Thanks.

2. Red Leg

Red Leg AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
    I am a huge fan of drillings and other combination guns. I would strongly discourage trying to put choke tubes in such a weapon. A very gifted gunsmith spent a lot of hours regulating those three barrels. Though Briley tubes will give you the option of a bit more open patterns, this is not likely to ever be your primary quail gun. M/F works great on a lot of the things you would use these tubes on while carrying a drilling (i.e. pheasant, hare and huns on a European drive hunt - African guinea fowl, franklin, and doves while on safari). If it doesn't already have them, what I would invest in is claw mounts and rings to hold a detachable scope. J.J. Perodeau (J.J. PERODEAU) is the best in the US. Then you can take full advantage of that rifle.

3. 1Shot2Kills

1Shot2Kills AH Senior Member

Member of:
    Bear-Hunting.Org
    This thread will give it some action today! :)