Double Rifle

The rifle that I was referring to is the Blaser R93 Duo or Simba. It is also a double barreled bolt action rifle. Here is part of a write up from another forum.


Blaser later followed it based on their R93 straight pull action on request from a wealthy Arab. This R93 Duo is available on a special order basis.

R_263e699f51.jpg

"H.H. Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Minister for Economic Affairs of the Emirate Abu-Dhabi, passionate hunter and owner of a series of miscellaneous R 93 models, gave the impulse for a new and very special Blaser rifle type. As in certain situations during the hunt, a rifle with two barrels can be advantageous, H.H. Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan had the vision of this very precious rifle and wishing that dream could come true, he contacted Blaser Jagdwaffen GmbH in Germany.
In cooperation with the excellent technical expertise of the Blaser team, he finally succeeded in designing a classical bolt action rifle with the speed of a side-by-side rifle. The R 93 Duo model Hamed is equipped with two side-by-side barrels and receivers, thus offering all well-known advantages of the R 93. With each bolt action, 2 cartridges are places into the barrels simultaneously, so that it is possible to use the R 93 Duo like a classic side-by-side double rifle. The magazine contains six cartridges and two additional cartridges are loaded in the barrels.

H.H. Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan had his own R 93 Duo model Hamed designed in a very special way: English Rose and Scroll engraving with gold inlays on the receiver, bolt head, open sight and saddle mount. Gold-plated triggers, a precious Turkish walnut stock with lavish flower carvings and scale ornaments. "
 
The rifle that I was referring to is the Blaser R93 Duo or Simba. It is also a double barreled bolt action rifle. Here is part of a write up from another forum.


Blaser later followed it based on their R93 straight pull action on request from a wealthy Arab. This R93 Duo is available on a special order basis.

View attachment 15715

"H.H. Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Minister for Economic Affairs of the Emirate Abu-Dhabi, passionate hunter and owner of a series of miscellaneous R 93 models, gave the impulse for a new and very special Blaser rifle type. As in certain situations during the hunt, a rifle with two barrels can be advantageous, H.H. Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan had the vision of this very precious rifle and wishing that dream could come true, he contacted Blaser Jagdwaffen GmbH in Germany.
In cooperation with the excellent technical expertise of the Blaser team, he finally succeeded in designing a classical bolt action rifle with the speed of a side-by-side rifle. The R 93 Duo model Hamed is equipped with two side-by-side barrels and receivers, thus offering all well-known advantages of the R 93. With each bolt action, 2 cartridges are places into the barrels simultaneously, so that it is possible to use the R 93 Duo like a classic side-by-side double rifle. The magazine contains six cartridges and two additional cartridges are loaded in the barrels.

H.H. Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan had his own R 93 Duo model Hamed designed in a very special way: English Rose and Scroll engraving with gold inlays on the receiver, bolt head, open sight and saddle mount. Gold-plated triggers, a precious Turkish walnut stock with lavish flower carvings and scale ornaments. "

Nice I think I like that one even better I like the open design. Any ideas as to the cost? yeah I know its a Blaser not going to be cheap.
 
The cost is in the $175K area....they are all custom made.
 
Thanks Grady
I guess I should have known if I have to ask then I can't afford it. Guess this old boy will just stick to his Savage they go down just as hard.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,134
Members
169,118
Latest member
NolanStran
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top