Difficulties exporting trophies from Argentina?

huntydolist

New member
Joined
Jul 24, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
4
Hi folks, I've had decent luck/success exporting trophies out of NZ, ZA, and Bulgaria, and I've been mulling going to Argentina for a Buffalo/blackbuck/red stag hunt. I have friends down in Mexico who've had some real challenges getting trophies out of Argentina, and some of the posts here seem to confim similar challenges. Has anyone success or difficulties that they may want to share, including unplanned "fees" and hidden costs shipping out? Hopefully these are random experiences, but as with everything, you never hear the good, only the bad. Thanks in advance!
 
Welcome aboard!

I would be interested in the answers as well.
:D Pop Popcorn:
 
I've heard puma and capybara can be difficult to export to US.
 
I’d love to hunt ducks in South or Central America but most countries, including Argentina, and Bolivia, prohibit the export of waterfowl trophies. I’ve never heard why.
 
No issue at all with stag or blackbuck two years ago.
 
I exported one trophy Red stag and two cull stags in 2023 along with a finished set of Russian Boar tusks mounted on a plaque and had absolutely zero difficulties. My hunt was in March 2023 and the trophies went from my outfitter to the customs broker / export agent in Buenos Aires around the first of June. The agent's name was Federico Testa with Logistics Solutions srl. They had the trophies crated and ready for shipment around the end of August. Federico worked closely with my import agent Coppersmith Seattle to insure all of the paperwork was in order which took a couple of weeks and the crate arrived into Seattle in late Sept 2023. The trophy crate arrived via American Airlines from BA into the US (LAX I believe for USDA inspection) and on to Seattle without delay, and arriving at my taxidermist in Helena MT by first of October. Overall cost for dip and pack, crating, shipment and import charges along with shipment to Helena ran about $2500 total, cheaper than bringing in crates from RSA.
 
I exported one trophy Red stag and two cull stags in 2023 along with a finished set of Russian Boar tusks mounted on a plaque and had absolutely zero difficulties. My hunt was in March 2023 and the trophies went from my outfitter to the customs broker / export agent in Buenos Aires around the first of June. The agent's name was Federico Testa with Logistics Solutions srl. They had the trophies crated and ready for shipment around the end of August. Federico worked closely with my import agent Coppersmith Seattle to insure all of the paperwork was in order which took a couple of weeks and the crate arrived into Seattle in late Sept 2023. The trophy crate arrived via American Airlines from BA into the US (LAX I believe for USDA inspection) and on to Seattle without delay, and arriving at my taxidermist in Helena MT by first of October. Overall cost for dip and pack, crating, shipment and import charges along with shipment to Helena ran about $2500 total, cheaper than bringing in crates from RSA.
Thanks so much for your report! I'm going with "Caza y Safaris" in March for red stag and blackbuck, so this is really good to hear.
 
Do not go with Caza y Safaris! You will not get your trophies back! I went there two years ago and harvested a stag and a Blackbuck and still my trophies have not shipped.
I'm still waiting to receive my buffalo hide taken with Caza back in 2016.
 
Do not go with Caza y Safaris! You will not get your trophies back! I went there two years ago and harvested a stag and a Blackbuck and still my trophies have not shipped.
Thank you for let us know thru here. 90% of the Argentinean Outfitter trophies of 2022 were stopped by old goverment (green ones) with this new goverment, they are working hard to updated all the trophy exportation. Yesterday i called the exporter and i can see that he already reply you back. Let me know if you need any help.

We are very sorry for the delay.

Federico
 
I was looking into an Argentina hunt a mix of native and introduced animals and the booking agent that was helping me said no native species of any kind are exportable.
 
I'm still waiting to receive my buffalo hide taken with Caza back in 2016.
This is unacceptable! Whatever the reason I would never hunt with an outfitter like that sponsor or not.
 
This is unacceptable! Whatever the reason I would never hunt with an outfitter like that sponsor or not.

Government action, how is that the outfitters fault?
 
I exported one trophy Red stag and two cull stags in 2023 along with a finished set of Russian Boar tusks mounted on a plaque and had absolutely zero difficulties. My hunt was in March 2023 and the trophies went from my outfitter to the customs broker / export agent in Buenos Aires around the first of June. The agent's name was Federico Testa with Logistics Solutions srl. They had the trophies crated and ready for shipment around the end of August. Federico worked closely with my import agent Coppersmith Seattle to insure all of the paperwork was in order which took a couple of weeks and the crate arrived into Seattle in late Sept 2023. The trophy crate arrived via American Airlines from BA into the US (LAX I believe for USDA inspection) and on to Seattle without delay, and arriving at my taxidermist in Helena MT by first of October. Overall cost for dip and pack, crating, shipment and import charges along with shipment to Helena ran about $2500 total, cheaper than bringing in crates from RSA.
The $2,500 includes Coppersmith's charge?
 
Montanapat claims to have had no problems receiving his trophies from Argentina. So there for I'm not sure how his went threw so quickly and I've been waiting a little over two years for mine. I've also contacted other Argentina outfitters on bookyourhunt and they claim to not have the same problem. I also wonder if my hides will even be worth a damn once I get them. Will they be in horrible shape? And then I will have had to pay for the import of usless junk they can't taxidermy?
 
I will say that I had a wonderful time in Argentina. Leo my PH was awesome, and Frederico was great and helped us out of a bind getting back to the airport.
 
Government action, how is that the outfitters fault?
On my hunt in 2016, I took a red stag and a buffalo, I did receive my red stag and my buffalo horns, but never my buffalo hide. There is a thread showing my emails to and from the outfitter on this site from 2018. I'll leave it at this for now, but the failure of me not receiving my hide was 100% on the outfitter.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,422
Members
169,565
Latest member
LoreneDand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top