Delta Seat Question?

Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
4,299
Reaction score
15,384
Location
Texas
Media
281
Hunting reports
Africa
9
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana, South Africa,
I have not flown Delta since 2019 to South Africa. For the ones that have flown Delta recently. Is the Premium Select seat worth the extra $1000 for the flight over vrs Comfort Plus? That's what is showing for flights I am looking at.
Last 3 trips I flew Qatar Business, but is priced too high for next June!
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.
 
Not sure what Comfort Plus is, but I've flown the Delta flight from Atlanta to J'burg in Premium Select and it's worth the extra $1000. Nicer seat that reclines-but not to flat--and basically the same food and beverage service as business class.
 
I flew both last June. For some reason the Premium Select was cheaper than the Comfort Plus on the return.
The seat was a little nicer and food was better. But was it a $1,000 better? No.
 
I flew in July, and the seat, boarding and food was worth it to me. In the past just flew in the back
 
Suggestion, book the cheaper option on the delta app. Check back regularly and it lists the price to upgrade the different legs of your ticket and if it hits your price point buy it quickly as they go fast. Worked for me last time upgraded to the suite on atl-Jnb leg for 625 if I remember correctly. Good luck or just save some money and another animal to hunt! Or heck sell me another scope and the ammo to help make up difference. Thank you Sir! Mac
 
I have not flown Delta since 2019 to South Africa. For the ones that have flown Delta recently. Is the Premium Select seat worth the extra $1000 for the flight over vrs Comfort Plus? That's what is showing for flights I am looking at.
Last 3 trips I flew Qatar Business, but is priced too high for next June!
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.
On the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB seat 41J is the best seat outside of business class. It is in coach on an exit row without a seat in front of you. Just got back last week…best value for the money
 
Not worth it imo

I got my premium select seat for pretty cheap but bulkhead comfort plus or the exit row seats described already with no seat in front of them would better.

If you do go with PS do not sit in the front row. The two lavatories are used non stop the entire flight and the light from the galley is obnoxious. Food was slightly better than an MRE
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,430
Messages
1,575,986
Members
170,498
Latest member
MarilouToo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top