Dakota 76, Kimber, or something else...

If in pursuit of a wood stock Kimber built Caprivi DGR. The ones I’ve seen are very nicely executed. Should be in the 3-4k range depending on condition and optic. 375 and 458 if I remember correctly
 
Check out the Sportsman's Legacy, Kalispell, MT. site. They have a bunch of Kimbers and Dakotas so you can get an idea of what you prefer.

Dwight at Sportsman Legacy is pleasure to deal with. That's where I found a Dakota 375 recently for someone.

He has a Dakota 76 338 win mag I would really like. Just not able to right now.
 
Last edited:
Dwight at Sportsman Legacy is pleasure to deal with. That's where I found a Dakota 375 recently for someone.

He has a Dakota 76 338 win mag I would really like. Just not able to right now.
@Mark Biggerstaff
Problem is Mark there's ALWAYS SOMETHING you would like.
It must be hard controlling yourself.
Me thinks you might need a bigger wallet or less desires
Bob
 
I have owned a few kimbers and 16-17 Dakotas in the last 30 years and still have one Kimber Montana and 8 Dakotas, four 76"s and four model 10's. I think that both brands are very good, but I do favor the Dakotas. I special ordered a few Dakotas in the late 1990's, but mostly I look for used ones on GB or GI.

I have had good accuracy out of all of them and when you find the one that fits your needs, you will be quite satisfied. Good luck with your search.
 
I have a lovely 284 Winchester Dakota 76. Built on a long action, shoots 140 Accubonds sub MOA with IMR 4841. Velocity at 3100.
DC89-FCCA-9953-4-BA9-84-D4-FB56656701-AB.jpg
 
You may already know this but it's important to be aware that Kimber of Oregon and Kimber of America are two different companies with different rifle models made in different factories. They are both called "Kimber" on the used market.

I have read (no first hand experience) that some Oregon Kimbers had quality issues near the end when the business was faltering. The cosmetics of Oregon guns seem to be top notch.

The later 84M and 84L rifles are great lightweight hunting rifles with lightweight barrels. I shoot 3 shots then let the rifle cool while I shoot something else. If light weight is not important to you then you may be happier with a standard weight rifle like a Win 70 or Dakota 76 - these rifles have more stable barrels and are easier to shoot well.

Bush Buck
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,353
Messages
1,573,872
Members
169,869
Latest member
tropketvomi1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top