CZ Safari Classic .375 question???

my two CZ 550, americans, a 6.5x55 and a .375 H&H mag and a few animals taken with one shot from a CZ 550 .375 magnum.

DSCN0021 (2).JPG
DSCN0022 (2).JPG
DSCN0024 (2).JPG
DSCN8492.JPG
DSCN8517 (2).JPG
DSCN9030 (2).JPG
DSCN9699 (3).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 725
to tell the truth I only fired 10 shots with the open sights to make sure I could hit a 5" gong at 50 yards. I mounted a leupold scope on it.

Has anyone had a problem with the bolt handle being to close to the stock? And does the stock come with the twin cross bolts

mine has twin crossbolts and I never had a problem with the bolt posion

Im currently looking into buying the CZ .375 H&H.
All the reviews iv read online are outdated, can anyone give me an idea non how they like this rifle?
From personal experience the new 550s out of the box are unusable and require many hours of massage before they could be considered safe as a dangerous game rifle. That said once all of the deficiencies are corrected they are a number one rifle.

Somewhere on the forum someone who new what he was talking about detailed what it takes to make one a shooter, he was spot on. Of course there will be comments that they are perfect out of the box. Congradulations you got a good one!

From personal experience the new 550s out of the box are unusable and require many hours of massage before they could be considered safe as a dangerous game rifle. That said once all of the deficiencies are corrected they are a number one rifle.

Somewhere on the forum someone who new what he was talking about detailed what it takes to make one a shooter, he was spot on. Of course there will be comments that they are perfect out of the box. Congradulations you got a good one!
I would question your statement about all the new ones being bad. I have sold 2 416s and 2 375s in the 6 wks and all functioned perfectly. These were the newest of the new so maybe they have it figured out.

As I said personal experience. Which I would stand by. I just left Colorado where I visited a long time friend and a CZ dealer he agrees and had just sent two back. I love the CZ once many hours of work is performed on them. In all honesty. I have not bought one in 2018.

I have worked both of mine slow and fast and reloaded fast and still they both worked as they should with factory and reloads. could a bad one slip thru from time to time, yes. with any a rifle-firearm I,m going to hunt with I check then out as far as functioning before ever carrying in the field. I think all new firearms should go thru a break in prosses before use.

I will agree from my experience, that the feeding needs some work, but is it necessary to send it to AHR for all his upgrades? If you have the money, sure, if not, save your money!

If you have the time, the ability, tools & possibly parts. You can make big improvements. I personally don't care about cosmetics only function. Our CZs are client rifles and they must function 100% of the time and they do!

If you have the time, the ability, tools & possibly parts. You can make big improvements. I personally don't care about cosmetics only function. Our CZs are client rifles and they must function 100% of the time and they do!
I do not have the skills so I must rely on those that are professionals. I can only speak for myself but I like to have a slight bevel put on the extractor that in the event I have to close the bolt on a chambered round. That is never the intention but it can happen. Function is the top priority. I will say that I never realized how much I would like the filled bolt handle until I tried one.

If forced to keep only one gun it would be my CZ 550 in .375 H&H.
I use it loaded with 270 gr Barnes TSX to regularly hunt everything from duiker to eland.
The weight makes recoil almost a non issue and the Rifle is very accurate with this load, sub MOA easily.
It has two cross bolts and also came with a feeding issue - it would not feed the second last cartridge.

Hours of massage? Nah, a good smith can get these feeding perfectly in no time at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg