crating and documentation fees

kuduman

AH veteran
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
111
Reaction score
10
Media
9
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
north shore steelhead association
Hunted
rsa
On my safari, there was one charge that caught me off guard. dip and pack was 80 per animal. in the end, i was charged 350 for crating and documentation fees on top of the 80 per animal. they told me that this was a standard charge. being a newbie, i do not know.:confused:
 
I believe mine was $90 per animal (Horn/cape) Cheaper for Euro mounts.

That inculded everything
 
Hello all,

Yes this can be a bummer ... Always try your best to get the whole price from the taxidermist before hand if you can. Per animal, taxes, vat ,insurance ....all adds up, and then find out what the courier will charge because that can be an extra + - 900 $ or depends on where you live !
 
That charge is pretty standard....you're lucky it wasn't more....there is a lot of talk about this in the taxidermy section of this website..I know you don't think the charge is fair....neither do I....but read the taxidermist version :eek:. They think it's more than fair. Who ever said crating and documentation was cheap....not me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,250
Members
169,987
Latest member
BetCommsa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top