Copenhagen in Africa

I'm a Grizzly fine cut natural guy myself. I feel your pain. When I went to the ME (Yemen and UAE) most of the oil patch fellas would buy a few logs in duty free.

OK, that's what I thought too. Out here its called snoose or more properly I guess Snus. I lived and worked in an area of Seattle called Ballard, full of Norwegians and others of Scandinavian descent. It was affectionately known as "snus junction". Copenhagen users are quite common there. No one that I know calls it snuff.

OK, that's what I thought too. Out here its called snoose or more properly I guess Snus. I lived and worked in an area of Seattle called Ballard, full of Norwegians and others of Scandinavian descent. It was affectionately known as "snus junction". Copenhagen users are quite common there. No one that I know calls it snuff.
That interesting. I just learned something new today

@Glenn Slaven - what fries my bacon is the price of snuff here in Texas. I can buy 5-can rolls of Grizz anywhere in Louisiana (was just there this weekend) for anywhere from about $13 to $19. Over here, I'm paying about $28.

@Glenn Slaven - what fries my bacon is the price of snuff here in Texas. I can buy 5-can rolls of Grizz anywhere in Louisiana (was just there this weekend) for anywhere from about $13 to $19. Over here, I'm paying about $28.

Sin tax... Louisiana has some of the lowest sin tax in the nation.

Yeah, I stocked up on Copenhagen when I was in Louisiana not long ago

Chris Ledoux would be proud!

Hey Zim - your new name could be "Snuff-Runner"! ;)

Then a movie, "Snuffy and the Bandit"

Hey Zim - your new name could be "Snuff-Runner"! ;)

Then a movie, "Snuffy and the Bandit"

If I werent the only cat in my circle with this habit, I'd buy at 13 and sell at 19. ;)

Try running out in Toronto. I paid around $14 for a can of cope. And, their cans are plastic and 1/2 the size in capacity. So, if planning on Canada....pack enough!

For a less strong version of chew, the Swedish snus made by General has the flavor and the Nicotine to keep a guy alert in the slow moments of a hunt. I don’t know the processing procedure of snus, but it creates less spit. And the little packets are a su to manage.
I quit the stuff when hunting season ends. Last year was a good long stretch of nic fix when I began my hunting season in July and ended in December.

Yuck, reformed smoker. 20+ years

I can remember but it may be in some duty free shops. Anyone know? This would be your answer

Yes — as someone who will be in country for 30+ days I would love to know if duty free shops have it.
Looks like we will be flying Emirates from Houston. Any snuff in Jouberg airport?

Haven’t been through in a while.. but they used to sell both skoal and Copenhagen in the duty free shops in Dubai if you’re flying Emeriates...

Lots of US contractors going to Iraq and Afghanistan transit through Dubai... so they keep a lot of US tobacco products (cigarettes, pipe tobacco, and dip) available..

The one thing I never saw there though was chew...

"I like to stop at the duty free shop, I like to stop at the duty free shop". Kramer on Seinfeld.....

Last edited:
Try running out in Toronto. I paid around $14 for a can of cope. And, their cans are plastic and 1/2 the size in capacity. So, if planning on Canada....pack enough!
My sympathies

Pack 30 cans for an average of 1.5 cans a day.
Always better to have more and not need it...
You can always rehydrate it with a splash of whisky.

I'd bet you do less than a can a day over there.
You'll be too busy hunting, thinking about hunting and hunting.

I sold a can of Cope underway on the sub for $40.
It was an unusually long patrol.
We were extended several times with no resupply.

Carry it with you! I have done two trips is all. Both times. 1 roll in carry on. 1 roll in check bag. 1 roll in gun case. That way it’s not all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.