Charging buffalo target

SoVa

AH senior member
Joined
Mar 16, 2024
Messages
84
Reaction score
139
Media
3
I have seen photos from the gun site academy as well as some PH training in Africa of buffalo targets that are rigged up on a pulley system to simulate a charge.

Has anyone here made one or see one well enough to know what would be needed to make one?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy to rig up a lateral motion moving target. Telephone poll or tree, steel cable, and trolley system. Same set up for one coming at you. They work ok. You need a lot of elevation on pole, a hill helps.
The rail systems are very expensive.
The systems that are motorized that are cheaper run about $600. They will only work with cardboard.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,229
Members
169,972
Latest member
Samara60I
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top