Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Why new currency specifically? Just curious

I had a young PH take an old ten dollar U.S. bill out of his wallet and ask me if it was still good. Evidently they are familiar with the new bills and suspect the old ones may not be any good. That and there are literally TONS of counterfeit U.S. bills in circulation throughout the world.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Why new currency specifically? Just curious

Seems that older bills become suspect in RSA. US currency has undergone a few changes in the last fifteen years with hidden water marks and placement of security strips. So some banks and shops will not accept the older bills.

Lbarr265

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I had a young PH take an old ten dollar U.S. bill out of his wallet and ask me if it was still good. Evidently they are familiar with the new bills and suspect the old ones may not be any good. That and there are literally TONS of counterfeit U.S. bills in circulation throughout the world.

Seems that older bills become suspect in RSA. US currency has undergone a few changes in the last fifteen years with hidden water marks and placement of security strips. So some banks and shops will not accept the older bills.

Thanks, that certainly makes sense.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
When I went to Kyrgyzstan 7-8 yrs ago they wanted NEW bills with no creases. They were rather specific, but relayed that to me only the day before I left. That took a bit of doing in my town to round up enough..... Likely the banks won't take the worn bills.....
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson Rueda

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.