Cash?

Why new currency specifically? Just curious

I had a young PH take an old ten dollar U.S. bill out of his wallet and ask me if it was still good. Evidently they are familiar with the new bills and suspect the old ones may not be any good. That and there are literally TONS of counterfeit U.S. bills in circulation throughout the world.

Why new currency specifically? Just curious

Seems that older bills become suspect in RSA. US currency has undergone a few changes in the last fifteen years with hidden water marks and placement of security strips. So some banks and shops will not accept the older bills.

I had a young PH take an old ten dollar U.S. bill out of his wallet and ask me if it was still good. Evidently they are familiar with the new bills and suspect the old ones may not be any good. That and there are literally TONS of counterfeit U.S. bills in circulation throughout the world.

Seems that older bills become suspect in RSA. US currency has undergone a few changes in the last fifteen years with hidden water marks and placement of security strips. So some banks and shops will not accept the older bills.

Thanks, that certainly makes sense.

When I went to Kyrgyzstan 7-8 yrs ago they wanted NEW bills with no creases. They were rather specific, but relayed that to me only the day before I left. That took a bit of doing in my town to round up enough..... Likely the banks won't take the worn bills.....
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg