CANADA: Manitoba Moose & Caribou Hunt With Ganglers Sub Arctic Hunting

The Hunt Gods just weren’t on your side this time. However, it sounds like you hunted hard and had a good hunt.

Sometimes we just get nothing. Sounds like a VERY tough hunt mentally. Hard to keep your head in the game when it's that slow. Sorry to hear you didn't do better.
Bruce

Hunting is as much about the planning and the effort, as anything else.

I’d have to say your hunt was a success! I commend you on your perspective.

Thanks for the report. I canoed from Wollaston Lake via the The Thlewiaza river to Neulton Lake a few years back. We saw a lot of moose. Had you more time, I'm sure you would have gotten a bull. Caribou numbers have dropped dramatically in the past 10 years. Also, the caribou seem to be spending more time further north, along Hudson Bay in the North West Territories. NWT has closed its season for sport hunting. Collecting your carbon may be tough given the changes that have occurred.
By the way, we call Black flies and mosquitoes "Protectors of the North" ....if it wasn't for them, everyone would want to live in the North and it would start resembling California!
Enjoyed your report, even though you weren't successful. That's hunting.

You certainly did your part, but sometimes that is not enough, as other circumstances do not cooperate !

Wish you the best on your next hunt :D Cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IvoryCrabt

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.