Can you identify these?

franzfmdavis

AH elite
Joined
Apr 27, 2024
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
3,780
Location
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Media
27
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Europe
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, Canada, RSA, UK
A few friends and I play a game where we send each other a close up picture of a part of a gun to see if we can accurately identify it. It is a useful exercise in that it encourages us to pay attention to details.

Can you identify these guns?

1.
IMG_0616.jpeg

2.
IMG_0624.jpeg

3.
IMG_0617.jpeg

4.
IMG_0628.jpeg

5.
IMG_0618.jpeg

6.
IMG_0625.jpeg

7.
IMG_0620.jpeg

8.
IMG_0627.jpeg

9.
IMG_0619.jpeg

10.
IMG_0622.jpeg

11.
IMG_0621.jpeg


I will post the make and model of these original eleven later.

Please feel free to add pictures of other guns as well!
 
Emm know a few of them

1 Sportized Mauser VZ33 was 8x57
2 Webley MK6 .455
3 Ruger No1
4 Colt Python ?
5 Mauser K98 ?
6 Colt 1911
7 AyA Shotgun ?
8 Luger P08
9 Westley Richards ?
10 Ruger Blackhawk ?
11 got me for now
 
Last edited:
  1. Czech post-war mod 98 (though metal looks more pre-WWII ?)
  2. Webley
  3. Ruger no.1
  4. Colt Python
  5. Same Czech mod98 or other Mauser K98
  6. Colt 1911
  7. ??
  8. Luger
  9. ??
  10. Ruger BlackHawk
  11. Rigby Highland Stalker
 
Last edited:
Either you guys are very smart, or it was too easy? Ill go with the former, since most of my friends don't get as many right! Here are the answers:
  1. BRNO vz. 24 Mauser
  2. Webley Mark VI (1941)
  3. Ruger No. 1 (1985)
  4. Colt Python 6” (1971)
  5. German Nazi Mauser K98 (1940)
  6. Colt 1911 (pre A-1) (1916)
  7. AyA No. 2 (1968)
  8. Luger Artillery (1917)
  9. Webley & Scott Model 700
  10. Freedom Arms Pre-Model 83 Premier Grade
  11. Rigby Highland Stalker (2017)
The only ones that stumped you gentlemen were numbers 9 and 10!
 
Yeah. #10 I did not think the rear sight matched Ruger but I had nothing else to suggest. What year is the VZ24? I forgot to call it that. After the war, the refurbished ones were just called model 98 I think unless they still had the VZ24 stampings.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,863
Members
169,451
Latest member
Nickjohniu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top