Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC Range-finding binoculars.

GSTONE

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, NRA Life member, NAHC Life member, Oregon Hunter Ass'n
Hunted
USA, RSA,Zimbabwe,Canada
Prior to my first safari last year I purchased a pair of Bushnell Fusion 1600 Arc Range Finding binoculars. I have used them on safari last year and this year, and I absolutely swear by them. I have the 10X42 and they have performed without fail during both hunts.

I became interested in having both a rangefinder and binoculars for my first safari, but I was also concerned about space and weight for the trip. I looked at the Leika, but my budget would not allow it. I purchased my Bushnell set after reading several reviews, and then started practicing with them when they arrived. Ranges over 1,000 yards were fairly common (although I would never shoot at an animal at that distance!) The optics are very clear, and the weight is reasonable. The hold-overs were excellent with my 340 Weatherby.

It took a little while to master the options and settings, but their instructions were clear and accurate. I especially like the ability to use the ARC range finding and hold over features for multiple rifles.

This may not be an optic for everyone, but I would not go hunting now without it. A little shopping on the internet saved me several hundred dollars from the MSRP, and it seems to be quite rugged.

I hope this will help if you have had questions about this product.

One warning...carry extra batteries on African hunts...they are not readily available in Africa!

Can you use them as plain binos without using the range finding?
How good are they with light transmission?

Yes you can. They are regular binoculars until you push a button on the right side. That turns the range finding info on, and it shows as red in the right lens. There are four levels of illumination so they can be seen, but not be a distraction. There is a button on the left side to determine illumination, ARC settings for different rifles, brush interference, and meter/yard selection.
The light transmission is very good...I even used them while hunting caracal.
My PH has Leicas, and I cannot tell the difference in their capabilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg