AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
US, Namibia, South Africa, Greenland
I have for sale a Dakota Model 76 in 300 Win Mag, custom by Jim Brockman. Jim built this one for a close friend of mine who took a couple of elk and mule deer with it before selling it to me in 2012. I took it to Namibia that year and shot a bunch of PG with it. It was a sweet shooting rifle, but while it would routinely group 180 grain TTSX into an inch at 200, it was a bit heavy for my taste. So when I got back from Africa, into the safe it went. Looked like this:

P1000553.jpeg

I was planning an elk hunt so I sent the rifle back to Jim in 2018 for weight loss surgery. Came back looking like this:

IMG_0018.jpeg

Weighed just over 8 lbs, all in.

IMG_2786.jpeg

Then my Limbsaver recoil pad melted. Apparently, this was a thing with them for a while. It was actually fused to the carpet in the bottom of my gunsafe. So I sent the stock back to Jim this year for a new Decelerator recoil pad and a repaint. Sadly, he couldn’t get the green paint.

IMG_3334.jpeg
IMG_3331.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

Dakota 76, 300 WM, 22” Lilja barrel, fluted, recessed muzzle crown; Brown Precision stock, 13.5” LOP, blind magazine, new recoil pad; Langlois Ching sling; Talley lightweight bases & rings, Leupold VX6 2-12X42 with custom turret for 180 grain TTSX and FireDot LR Duplex reticle. This reticle lines up perfectly for 180 grain loads in this rifle. I’ve never had to dial out to 500. Zeroed at 200, the dots are right on at 300 and 400; bottom picket tip is 500. Beautifully balanced rifle. $4500 shipped to your FFL in a hard case.

IMG_1046.jpeg

$3950 for an outstanding PG/elk rifle before listing elsewhere. $3450 without scope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you