Bringing family

One other thing.

What I have done with girlfriends in the past (and still do) is to have them join me in the country I am in for a few days after the hunt. I find during the hunt after a long day of trekking all I want to do is relax and an early night's sleep seeing I would get up before sunup rather than pay attention to someone that has been bored all day and wants your attention.

After the hunt I can devote all my attention to her day and night for a better experience for the both of us.;)

Also, after the hunt not only you can do activities together during the day, you can also get better and more luxurious accommodations.

For example, on my upcoming trip I was going to hunt at Dante North in Zim. She was going to meet me at J'Burg airport after arrival from NYC and then we were going to continue together to Victoria Falls, spending 3 nights at the Elephant Camp, then returning back to the States.

If the hunt does occur, change of plans (due to SAA being kaput) will be that I will take Emirates now, with a stopover at Dubai (assuming no quarantine) on the way back. She will meet me there and we will spend a few days at Ritz Carlton at the beach and even visit the Louvre at Abu Dhabi (if they are open).

Time will tell. Might end up having to think of a plan C if countries/airlines are still shutdown at the end of July.

@Tanks I hate to say it, but I think you'd best start planning your plan C!

Welcome @Deputy Dog as you propably seen there are many answers to your question ( there are no stupid questions here)

It depend a lot on the area you hunt. Some hunting areas are 4-5hrs drive from the nearest civilization where as other areas are closer to non hunting activities..

With us being only a 2hr drive from Johannesburg international airport we have ample possibilities for the non hunting companions and we have a great family hunting special as well as a Husband and Wife package in the deals section.

Please let me know should you have any questions about our operation.

My personal best
Gerrit

Welcome to AH. Take the wife she won't regret it , there is so much to see that is not the norm and its better to see first hand.
My wife finally went on my 4th trip over and is now hooked . She also was never into hunting and after witnessing it she decided she wanted to try it to and took 2 very nice Springbok. There is plenty to do depending on time of year she can sit on the deck by the pool with a book, shop, Spa, many Private Game Reserves with wildlife viewing , my wife really enjoyed Addo Elephant Park and the Elephant rides during her stay.

IMG_2052.JPG
IMG_2044.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeraMadira

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.