Bringing back snake skins?

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
700
Reaction score
1,100
Location
Michigan
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Has anyone ever brought back a snake skin that they took in Africa......any species? Just wondering if you got funny looks from the skinners, taxidermists, etc.
Might make for an interesting curio or hat band, if nothing else......some snakes have quite intricate patterns on their scales.
Any issues with USFWS, CITES, etc.?
just curious............................................................thanks.
 
There was a thread about this sometime back…. here: http://www.africahunting.com/threads/taxidermy-and-snakes.13934/.

As I recall, there aren't any issues. Although I guess that could vary by species? I'm with you, I think this could make a pretty good trophy. Heck, I'd even just like to see some of those snakes. I'm one of the weird people who doesn't kill on sight and have been known to move copperhead out of the road. It is the ones I don't see that concern me!!! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks royal.....I hadn't seen that thread before. As for snakes, I don't mind seeing them in the wild......from a distance!!! It's when I go to reach for a branch and they are the branch I'm reaching for that I get a bit freaked!!!
I was fly fishing a small lake for bluegills several years ago when I had a 3 ft banded water snake come out of the bullrushes (behind me) and swim to the other side....passing between my legs!!!
Ever see a man in chest waders walk on water?? You would have that day if you were there!!!!!!!:E Eek:
 
That's funny!!!! Well, it is funny since it didn't happen to me. ;)

I don't remember what the thread was called and it was probably a year ago, or so. I'm on my phone now, but will search for it later.
 
I am a firm believer in leaving snakes alone............Right after I kill them.
 
There was a thread about this sometime back…. here: http://www.africahunting.com/threads/taxidermy-and-snakes.13934/.

As I recall, there aren't any issues. Although I guess that could vary by species? I'm with you, I think this could make a pretty good trophy. Heck, I'd even just like to see some of those snakes. I'm one of the weird people who doesn't kill on sight and have been known to move copperhead out of the road. It is the ones I don't see that concern me!!! :)

Now why didn't I think of using the "brickburn function"???? It is so much easier than search!!!! ;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,060
Members
169,693
Latest member
BennyHuert
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top