Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
I have been using a bore scope on my rifles for the last 3 years. It has improved my cleaning methods, and shown me why some of my rifles simply don't shoot well. The problem is, the scope is not mine. The friend that owns it is happy to share, but it is inconvenient and I want to buy one. His is old now, and I think it was originally medical equipment, and expensive. So I don't want the same brand. Technology has probably passed it by. Any one have any recommends? I see quite a variety for sale, but would like at least one independent opinion.............thanks.........................FWB

i have a lyman and would not advise spending the money on one.
it is just so frustrating to not see quite well enough.
there is a new chinese one available that is reputed to be better.
it would be hard to beat the old optical one that has been around for ages on all but price.
its name temporarily eludes me.
the worst thing about good bore scopes is that they show you what to do so you don't need one, as far as cleaning is concerned.
they also show things like throat erosion and if carbon is starting to build up.
bruce.

teslong is the chinese one and the rigid option might be preferred.
hawkeye is the optical one that is the best, but most expensive.
it would have to be good to approach what you see through a hawkeye.
bruce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross