Booked my First Buffalo Hunt!

I am flying Delta and taking my own rifle. For your first hunt, it's not that important and could save you a lot of hassle to rent one from camp. If you do take your rifle, use Riflepermits.com (another sponsor here) and they will literally walk you through the process and meet you at the airport to work it all out. I do that every time but renting a rifle is an option. Feel free to contact me offline for any questions. We want you to have a great trip!

I am flying Delta and taking my own rifle. For your first hunt, it's not that important and could save you a lot of hassle to rent one from camp. If you do take your rifle, use Riflepermits.com (another sponsor here) and they will literally walk you through the process and meet you at the airport to work it all out. I do that every time but renting a rifle is an option. Feel free to contact me offline for any questions. We want you to have a great trip!
thanks! I am still on the fence about my rifle....
Flying Qatar out of ATL I think. Jennifer is looking for me @ same travel agency

Congratulations! Nothing like the anticipation of a first Safari, not to mention a buffalo hunt!

Richard Mullins says it best, "The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa- for
he has so much to look forward to."

On any dangerous game hunt I would always encourage someone to take their own rifle... muscle memory and reflex is of utmost importance in the thick stuff and the last thing you want to be doing is fumbling around with a safety or trying to reload a rifle you are not use to.

Qatar is fine with firearms, however, some of their partners will not allow it (Oman air). Best to use one of the recommend travel agents from this forum to ensure you are good to go. The minimal fee is worth its weight in gold if are staring down a departure date and not sure if your papers are in order.

Best of luck and look forward to hearing about your trip upon your return!

CK

thanks! I am still on the fence about my rifle....
Flying Qatar out of ATL I think. Jennifer is looking for me @ same travel agency
Very good. Jennifer and Darren are married and run that agency. I just happened to work with Darren. Good people that will help you if anything goes sideways.

Both happy for you and envious! The thought of going on my first trip, was what got me out of bed and kept me going for the whole year, so I can imagine how you feel. Now that I am back all I can think about is getting the next trip booked.
I told myself the first trip was a bucket list item, one in a lifetime kind of thing. I booked the second trip before the first one was over, and I have now been on four trips. I am running out of organs to sell.

I told myself the first trip was a bucket list item, one in a lifetime kind of thing. I booked the second trip before the first one was over, and I have now been on four trips. I am running out of organs to sell.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard this….it would have paid for another trip!

This forum is a horrific enabler, to say the least. I keep trying to calm myself down and at least wait to see the final shipping and taxidermy costs before booking another trip. Then I see some deal or trip report. So tempted to join you on your Boddington trip!

Can't wait until June!
I'm stoked for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizziePari

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.