Blaser R8 375 H&H Range Report

TOBY458

AH ambassador
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
5,414
Reaction score
16,303
Location
Madison Georgia, USA
Media
212
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
8
USA/Canada
1
Well....the deed is done. My latest Blaser R8 Professional 375 H&H is no longer unfired. Today I remedied that situation.

I mounted a Nikon Monarch 1-4×20 on it recently, and so far I really like the scope as well. It's very clear and has the fast focus eyepiece, and very positive turret adjustments. From what I'm told these are very tough scopes, and should hold up to recoil very well. Time will tell...

My preliminary shooting was a simple scope sight in with some cheap 300gr RN, PPU factory loads. At a short 75 yards, even these loads shoot pretty well. Around 7/8" from a lead sled on a somewhat unstable bench. I also tried some 300gr FN CEB solids that I handloaded. Surprisingly, these grouped very close to the soft points. Only around 3/4" to the left of the other load. Certainly close enough for DG work.
More to come...

20220604_123520.jpg
 
You have a good start. Glad you have a shooter.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,257
Messages
1,569,975
Members
168,779
Latest member
FredrickEv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top