BIG Rifle .950 JDJ

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
14,040
Reaction score
10,648
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
5,597
Articles
321
BIG Rifle .950 JDJ

 
Last edited by a moderator:
2500 grains?!
Penetration should be pretty good if you can manage to aim it.

The first firearm I have seen that requires a mandatory gun bearer!!

It is a very good thing that small scope is on that rifle so far from the shooters. There would have been some very big cuts on some foreheads if it was mounted like a regular scope.
Ouch.
 
I have seen a video with a guy with a 1000 NE on his safari. the video is somewhere on youtube. Pretty big cal. too.

cheers
Rasmus
 
I fired an 8 bore once-recoil is more push than anything. No adrenaline though, and wrong position-you have got to lean in and keep forward foot lost to rock with the gun. I didn't, ended up with a hairline fracture in collar bone.

Wouldn't trust penetration-be a great pelvis or skull buster! Critter that is!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,251
Members
169,315
Latest member
ChuMatteso
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top