www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Today I was able to watch parts of Ben Foggles SurvivalOf The Species. I am apologize not sure which episode.

This was a one hour program dealing with hunting in RSA. I agreed with everything (except the ONE anti hunter), it was very fair and showed how well african game was being taken care of in RSA. It covered the “canned hunts fairly”, it also covered how hunters can be their own worst enemy, some will disagree with that part, again it was covered fairly.

This program came on BBC EARTH HD

LON

I watched Ben Fogle evolve as a TV creature

He is not much loved in the UK

However

I can't help but warm to him

I don't agree with all his values, but I can respect him - an understated, resilient character (very different from the Hollywood image of the tough guy) determined to find the best in folk

Climbed everest

Rowed the atlantic

But so what - he would say

He is kind

He has something positive to offer and say

Other than the fact that he is a TV character - he could have been the epitome of the Gray Man

In my humble experience, hunters truly ARE their own worst enemy. If one of us gets embroiled in a bit of controversy, it doesn’t even take one second for other hunters to step in and try to burn us at the proverbial stake.

Some hunters want to ban driven hunts
Some hunters want to ban shotguns being used on deer
Some hunters want to ban buckshot
Some hunters want to ban magazine rifles (I’m looking at you, John Pondoro Taylor)
Some hunters want to ban lead bullets
Some hunters want to ban buckshot
Some hunters want to ban semi automatics
Some hunters want to ban hunting over torchlight
Some hunters want to ban bow hunting
Some hunters want to ban lion hunting (both wild AND captive bred)
Some hunters want to ban elephant hunting

The list goes on and on. We lack unity and possess a strong sense of perverse self righteousness if we hunt in a manner different to those whom we are judging. And the antis have unfortunately learnt to exploit our internal disputes in order to push for more restrictive laws against what we love most.

Hi Hunter Habib,

You put it properly. I am sure you noticed I did not mention my opinion or the reason that the program said “hunters were their own worse enemy. Slowly I have learned on this forum when certain opinions are expressed you will piss off someone.

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiShiels

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.