Bauska 98 Mauser Trigger

Berettaco

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
908
Reaction score
2,058
Location
Cape Girardeau
Media
9
Hunted
South Africa
Good afternoon, I need to replace the trigger in my Bauska Mauser 404J. The screw broke off and I’d like to get the same trigger but I don’t what brand this is - any help identifying this trigger would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
Berettaco

D2BD31EB-D8F7-4375-9A19-4DCF898A157B.jpeg
D7CB028B-1DC4-4C20-A311-FD9B36931E82.jpeg
E7493837-5445-4A7E-83EE-13D90160C5F9.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope if it’s merely a small component like a screw at issue, have a local machinist repair it.
 
@Rrrgcy - I plan on getting this drilled out and try to salvage the trigger but as a backup plan I might just order a new one
 
It looks a lot like a timney trigger for a Mauser to me…
 
Berettaco- I’m genuinely interested, do you know the year your action was made? MDWest probably right (but to me it doesn’t appear to be a Timney based on any image I’ve searched… yours w out the several pin holes and your precise sideplate orientation… close, but not T). I read they were fitted so after they were sold to Olympic Arms‘ Robert Schuetz as the limited Olympic Arms Ultra Mag BBK-01. Were all Bauska actions fitted w Timney’s or some, none? Did Bauska made rifles always use Winchester 70 safeties? Good luck I’d think you could pickup a replacement set and move on. Please post images of your rifle!!
 
Unfortunately I don’t have much info on this rifle - I’ll keep searching for that trigger, it seems it has a different pin location than most I have found

65C16D16-1F3D-42BB-A84A-315313F8C564.jpeg
AAE73368-763D-4878-8E9A-380004FB86E8.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle lines and Swaro. Images from 17 years ago, from Nukalpiaq from another site for education effort. Your set matches that direct from the original. Nice. Same trigger.
026-A34-B0-5-D4-B-4-AC6-8218-A7-BE2-C64009-F.jpg
140704-AB-8-A00-4-AB3-B96-F-AAAAFA6-B51-F4.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That’s great - thank you! I’ll search more and hopefully can find one
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,385
Messages
1,574,723
Members
170,152
Latest member
babykidsstore
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top