Barnes vs GS Custom

With the 200 gr hv zeroed at 200 metres I found them shooting 1.5 inches high at 100m. Flatter than the other ammo I use but the hv's are also lighter and faster. Not a significant difference to hunting.
 
Today is my last day to take a deer with the 375 Ruger if a shot doesn't present its self I will be left to fill my tags with my .54 flintlock starting December 26 I do wish to get one 375 200 HV to see how bullets preform on deer I'm a little concerned that it might not expand on soft skinned game.
My dad is trying 22-250 today so I hope to have a third deer to study wounds.
 
Good luck today! We've shot springbuck with them and the results were good. Not a lot of expansion on smaller game but the hydrostatic shock is enough.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,976
Members
169,673
Latest member
VitaReboot
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top