Egan36

AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.nkwesafarisbotswana.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Leaving in 1 week for Botswana. Will be with Jaco Visser of @NKWE SAFARIS. This will be my third hunt with Jaco. Very excited.

Flying Qatar from Philadelphia to Joburg via Doha. Than airlink to Maun. First time using Qatar Airways.

Gonna do some Kudu hunting than some tiger fishing in the Okavango Delta.

Last edited by a moderator:

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Awesome, have a great trip!

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Have a wonderful trip Egan, dont forget to take photos of the camp.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Wish you the very best !

John Telford

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Phasa ,SA Wingshooters, Botswana Tourism (HATAB), Pretoria Arms and Ammunition Association PAAA.
Hunted
South Africa , Botswana,
Qatar airways is pretty cool. I flew Jnb to Doha to Dallas last year. We were late leaving JNB even though we were one of only two planes leaving that day! Anyhow I missed my connection but they made a plan so within minutes of me landing in Doha I was met by ground staff and redirected to another flight which actually saved me 2 hours of travel time! I will use them over Emirates any day!
Enjoy your hunting with Jaco and @NKWE SAFARIS. Botswana is the ultimate African Magnet that keeps pulling you back.

markm

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
United States
Will be leaving philly next month for my eighth time .can't wait
Leaving in 1 week for Botswana. Will be with Jaco Visser of @NKWE SAFARIS. This will be my third hunt with Jaco. Very excited.

Flying Qatar from Philadelphia to Joburg via Doha. Than airlink to Maun. First time using Qatar Airways.

mark-hunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Good hunting!
And keep us informed, by writing a good hunting report!

Egan36

AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Arrived in Botswana the 27th. No issues with travel. Just had negative PCR test to show at the airport.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Good luck.

accipiter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, USA

Matt - How was the flight? Were there a lot of passengers on the PHL-Doha and Doha-JNB legs?
I have taken this route on Qatar a few years ago and I am thinking about booking this for August 2021. Just curious how full the flights are.
Enjoy your safari!

Plainsman

Reaction score

Please tell Jaco hello from the Austin, Texas gang! Wishing you a great hunt.

Egan36

AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Matt - How was the flight? Were there a lot of passengers on the PHL-Doha and Doha-JNB legs?
I have taken this route on Qatar a few years ago and I am thinking about booking this for August 2021. Just curious how full the flights are.
Enjoy your safari!

Accipiter

No flights were not even close to full. I’m used to the JFK route to Joburg with South African Airways. Qatar was great just a lot longer.

BGdino

Reaction score
For those who have taken this route already…how was it with your own firearms?

I’m a PA res who is booked for May 2022 and I am hating to have to use Delta now that SAA is not running across the Atlantic

C.W. Richter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
If you haven't already, check out Nat Geo's many shows on the Okavango (the wife/kids have Disney channel where you get NG for free, or you can pay extra to view on NG channel!) LOL I've passed on to PH friends in neighboring Namibia where the River flows through their own park... Get a pic with Ronnie Blackbeard! 'Have some 80s-90s videos of Peter Capstick's in Bots-really fun to watch. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesGrilm

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG