Australia wins hands Down!

Action Bob
After you have tried that moonshine you might like to try some premium BUNDY RUM real smooth, just like mothers milk.
I don't know if any food group that fall into the rum group but RUM falls into food groups.
Cheers mate Bob
That brings up lots of possibilities :A Big Hello::A Camping::A Gathering::A Drive::A Rock::D Booze::D Cheers::K Booby::P Banana::P Cowboy::W Jeep::E Happy:

That brings up lots of possibilities :A Big Hello::A Camping::A Gathering::A Drive::A Rock::D Booze::D Cheers::K Booby::P Banana::P Cowboy::W Jeep::E Happy:

Action Bob,
i will just arrange he smileys differently,
:A Drive::A Camping::W Jeep::W Rifle::A Camping::D Cheers::D Beer Draft::D Beer Bottle:
We drive out , set up camp, go for a spotlight or a hunt then we have some beers and maybe a Rum after dinner.

Have you ever seen “Quigley Down Under”? We (America) sent our best man down there, and he killed all the Australians, including the bad guy from “Die Hard”
Yes i have seen Quigley. I quite lt. I had a copy on VHS back in the day. My mate used to look forward to watching it when he came to town about once a year.
@Dr Ray Thanks for clarifying a couple of points. This site says you are an AH Legend and here i was i thought you were just a True Blue Aussie with a few nice Sako's, but, You're a Bloody Legend!
For our friends the world over thats a compliment in Australia. Probably used lightheartedly by any Aussie something as simple as grabbing your mate a beer from the esky may get such response.
I dont know the Dr but he certainly has legendary status here.

Truthfully I’ve never heard a joke about ozzies. Really the only laughable thing I can say is I never know what the hell ya’ll are talking about. We’re two peoples separated by a common language.

What you see in movies etc is usually put on to be some red neck.
Beats me why we do that. Personally I get annoyed by the way we seem to portray ourselves. We are very similar in most ways to Americans, Canadians, New Zealander, and to a lesser extent the British. Our lifestyle etc is most like the USA. This was brought out in a big survey some years ago.
Many of the slabs words basically pestered out by the 1960s.
Australia children thought words like
Fair dinkum or Crikey are American slang. That’s true I might add. Steve Irwin was seen much more on American tv than Australia.

Many of the slang (fat thumb again) petered out
To the non-Australians : we joke a lot and have a dry (understatement) profound sense of humor.,
So don’t take offence.

What you see in movies etc is usually put on to be some red neck.
Beats me why we do that. Personally I get annoyed by the way we seem to portray ourselves. We are very similar in most ways to Americans, Canadians, New Zealander, and to a lesser extent the British. Our lifestyle etc is most like the USA. This was brought out in a big survey some years ago.
Many of the slabs words basically pestered out by the 1960s.
Australia children thought words like
Fair dinkum or Crikey are American slang. That’s true I might add. Steve Irwin was seen much more on American tv than Australia.

I would hazard a geuss that you gentleman suffer the same blight on that front as we in eastern Canada do. I've seen amirican visitors have problems with our English as well. It seems we hold to a more proper English or British English, my speculation is that it draws from the fact we're both commonwealth countries and where majority influenced by the British far longer then our amirican brethren. Both in mannerisms and in speech patterns.

On a completely unrelated note could one of our friends from down under explain what vegamite is ?

Vegemite is a spread, the problem non-oz have is that they put too much on their toast and it is overpowering. Only slight smear is required and it’s nice especially on toast.
It’s a vegetable extract and it’s black which may put some people off.

Thanks @Dr Ray i mentioned bob and my argument to a coworker who has family in Australia, he said the jackalope would get eaten with Vegemite thus spurring the question.

Omg I’m a goner !!

Vegemite is a spread, the problem non-oz have is that they put too much on their toast and it is overpowering. Only slight smear is required and it’s nice especially on toast.
It’s a vegetable extract and it’s black which may put some people off.
Dr Ray
Bugger the light smear mate, my philosophy is IF you can see the toast you ain't got enough vegemite.
That's my preference.
Cheers Dr
Bob

We’re all different like my wife says I’m an alien nerd!
I don’t believe it’s a compliment - went off her brain when I said
I can’t work out the algorithm to that!
Went ballistic!

We’re all different like my wife says I’m an alien nerd!
I don’t believe it’s a compliment - went off her brain when I said
I can’t work out the algorithm to that!
Went ballistic!
Doc
Here's one for your wife if she thinks your an alien nerd
Ask her if there is intelligent life on earth.
Your answer
Yes but I'm only visiting.
Cheers Bob.

On a completely unrelated note could one of our friends from down under explain what vegamite is ?
One slight correction, Vegemite is o the vegetable extract it is Yeast extract. I’m not sure how hat came to be or who thought of it.
We grew up with it so I think it’s just an acquired taste American foods differ somewhat to ours allegedly your foods have more sugar. McDonalds rolls are sweet in comparison to a bread roll is one comparison.
Vegemite is not “Iconic “ in Australia, it’s just something you put on toast every household has a jar. It’s a simple basic to us. It goes a long way and is nice on fresh bread with real butter.
I saw it for sale at an airport motel alongside Arnotts Yo-Yo biscuits
I’ve only flown international once and I asked for a beer, they offered me a Fosters. I didn’t know we still made it and I’m not sure why it was ever our “Export” beer the world must have some misconceptions about us. Funnily the same brewers do some good beer but I don’t recommend VB either (Victoria Bitter)
@Dr Ray Sorry for the correction ( I have Sako envy) . I think Promite May be made from vegetable extract. It’s also black a little thinner consistency and sweeter.
Those who are wishing to try the Vegemite diet. Use only as prescribed by the Dr increasing the dose as your tolerance grows.
It is good stuff.

You’re right it is a yeast extract. Fosters beer. When my son flew Airbus A320s in India the beer he drank was

Fosters

It came in a bottle somewhere between the stubby size and the 750 ml size.
As another little “aside” Pilots stayed at villas and he ate “lamb” one night for dinner. He mentioned to cook next morning that it tasted a little different. Cook pointed to goats in the back of the villa area!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross