Media
Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Sheep Horn Rinkhals Slip Joint Folder
Arno Bernard Exclusive

rinkhals-sh1.jpg

This Arno Bernard knife takes you back to simpler time, when your first pocket knife opened and closed without any locking mechanism. Earlier this year, a well-known US maker took home the “American Made Knife of the Year” with a slip joint design. This updated version of the classic slip joint is 6.5” overall with a 2.8” blade and a full sized 3.7” frame with a 2.8” handle inlay. It features a beautiful design with a versatile, RWL34 stainless steel blade, a nail nick for easy opening and a thumb notch for comfort. Just like your old Buck®, Western® or Case®, the blade features a mirror finish. The hand-sewn, leather slip protects it in your pocket and the matching bead attached to the leather lanyard makes it easy to access. This lightweight knife sheds ounces by using Titanium for the frame, pocket clip, collar and screws and only weighs 2.3 ounces!

rinkhals-sh4.jpg
rinkhals-sh.jpg

The slip joint mechanism of this knife features an innovative “safety “when it is approximately halfway open which causes the blade to be under very little tension so it is easy to move your fingers out of the way before tension builds again and assists you in closing (or opening) the knife. Most slip joint knives have continuous tension throughout their entire range, which in some cases causes the blade to close before you can get your fingers out of the way. Since this knife does not have a mechanism that locks it open, always cut with the blade going away from you to prevent injury.

rinkhals-sh3.jpg

There are two naturally stabilized choices for handle inlays; natural sheep horn (featured here) or dyed giraffe shin bone.

Knife is 6.5” overall with a 2.8” blade and a full sized 3.7” frame with a 2.8” handle inlay.

rinkhals-sh2.jpg
rinkhals-sh6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbiGob

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double