Media
Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Sheep Horn Rinkhals Slip Joint Folder
Arno Bernard Exclusive

rinkhals-sh1.jpg

This Arno Bernard knife takes you back to simpler time, when your first pocket knife opened and closed without any locking mechanism. Earlier this year, a well-known US maker took home the “American Made Knife of the Year” with a slip joint design. This updated version of the classic slip joint is 6.5” overall with a 2.8” blade and a full sized 3.7” frame with a 2.8” handle inlay. It features a beautiful design with a versatile, RWL34 stainless steel blade, a nail nick for easy opening and a thumb notch for comfort. Just like your old Buck®, Western® or Case®, the blade features a mirror finish. The hand-sewn, leather slip protects it in your pocket and the matching bead attached to the leather lanyard makes it easy to access. This lightweight knife sheds ounces by using Titanium for the frame, pocket clip, collar and screws and only weighs 2.3 ounces!

rinkhals-sh4.jpg
rinkhals-sh.jpg

The slip joint mechanism of this knife features an innovative “safety “when it is approximately halfway open which causes the blade to be under very little tension so it is easy to move your fingers out of the way before tension builds again and assists you in closing (or opening) the knife. Most slip joint knives have continuous tension throughout their entire range, which in some cases causes the blade to close before you can get your fingers out of the way. Since this knife does not have a mechanism that locks it open, always cut with the blade going away from you to prevent injury.

rinkhals-sh3.jpg

There are two naturally stabilized choices for handle inlays; natural sheep horn (featured here) or dyed giraffe shin bone.

Knife is 6.5” overall with a 2.8” blade and a full sized 3.7” frame with a 2.8” handle inlay.

rinkhals-sh2.jpg
rinkhals-sh6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross