Are The Wildcat's Dead



You know, with all these necked up .223/5.56 cartridges, there is a really good one missing.

we have 223-.270 (the .277 Wolverine). We have .223-6.5 (the 6.5 Grendel). We have the .223-.30 (the .300 blackout).

What we don’t have is a .223-7mm. And with a 120gr Barnes 7mm bullet having the volume of a 150gr lead core bullet, it would perform better than a 300 blackout. Surprised this isn’t a popular AR cartridge and that it isn’t a production round, much less a wildcat.
 
I think the 375 Ruger case would be a good one to neck down all the way to 7mm. We have so many rifle cartridges now the only purpose it would serve would be to have something different.
 
The 7mm TCU. TC makes contender pistols in it. I think the OAL is greater than the AR can handle.
You know, with all these necked up .223/5.56 cartridges, there is a really good one missing.

we have 223-.270 (the .277 Wolverine). We have .223-6.5 (the 6.5 Grendel). We have the .223-.30 (the .300 blackout).

What we don’t have is a .223-7mm. And with a 120gr Barnes 7mm bullet having the volume of a 150gr lead core bullet, it would perform better than a 300 blackout. Surprised this isn’t a popular AR cartridge and that it isn’t a production round, much less a wildcat.
 
You know, with all these necked up .223/5.56 cartridges, there is a really good one missing.

we have 223-.270 (the .277 Wolverine). We have .223-6.5 (the 6.5 Grendel). We have the .223-.30 (the .300 blackout).

What we don’t have is a .223-7mm. And with a 120gr Barnes 7mm bullet having the volume of a 150gr lead core bullet, it would perform better than a 300 blackout. Surprised this isn’t a popular AR cartridge and that it isn’t a production round, much less a wildcat.
Well, is there a .223-.25? Doesn’t really matter as all these combinations mentioned here are giving me a headache!
 
Well, is there a .223-.25? Doesn’t really matter as all these combinations mentioned here are giving me a headache!
Yes, there is. It's called the Sharpes (no affiliation with Sharps falling block rifles. It is quite good for those wanting a standard AR platform chambered in a cartridge legal for deer.
 
Well, is there a .223-.25? Doesn’t really matter as all these combinations mentioned here are giving me a headache!

There are a couple that I know of. A 6mm/223 and a 6.5/223 out of the Thompson Center Contender and G2. There is even a 7mm/223 available.
 
there exists a 375 ruger necked down to 7mm.
it is known as the 7mm shobby.
bruce.
They also have the 300 PRC. A quy on the Alaskan shooting forum had a 375/358 Ruger.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,352
Members
169,528
Latest member
MickiMoody
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top