Anybody know of any Blaser R8 magazine belt holder?

Luminous Ham

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
Hi,

Looking for a belt holder/pouch that can keep a spare Blaser R8 magazine easily accessible. It seems I can only find types that work with entire trigger/magazine units, not with the magazine only.

So what I have found are these, so if I am wrong and they are also fine with the magasine only, do let me know
https://www.waffen-jakele.de/en/Nov...ectors-rifle-slings/Jakele-Universal-Bag.html
https://schnellverstellhebel.de/products/fur-blaser-r8-magazin-gurtelhalter

Any experiences with these?

Attachments

• Andreas Jakele | Jakele Universal Bag | Weapons Jakele - Your partner for hunting and nature..pdf
    609.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Für Blaser R8 Magazin: Gürtelhalter – Schnellverstellhebel.de von Jagawams.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Not fancy but they work. Look around for military surplus pouches: ie. Lensatic compass, first aid, compression bandage, and several other types work very well for carrying one or two small magazines.

Hi,

Looking for a belt holder/pouch that can keep a spare Blaser R8 magazine easily accessible. It seems I can only find types that work with entire trigger/magazine units, not with the magazine only.

So what I have found are these, so if I am wrong and they are also fine with the magasine only, do let me know
https://www.waffen-jakele.de/en/Nov...ectors-rifle-slings/Jakele-Universal-Bag.html
https://schnellverstellhebel.de/products/fur-blaser-r8-magazin-gurtelhalter

Any experiences with these?
How are you planning to work with just the magazine on the R8? The trigger/magazine is one unit. The magazine insert can be removed but not sure how that would be any faster than just putting new cartridges in the empty magazine.

How are you planning to work with just the magazine on the R8? The trigger/magazine is one unit. The magazine insert can be removed but not sure how that would be any faster than just putting new cartridges in the empty magazine.
The magasine insert can be replaced. And no, might not ve terrible fast, but I imagine a scenario with frozen fingers or a lot of stress.... could be wrong though....?

I carry a spare magazine/trigger group. Never had to use it. But cannot imagine changing out only the mag insert in the field for a reload.

The magasine insert can be replaced. And no, might not ve terrible fast, but I imagine a scenario with frozen fingers or a lot of stress.... could be wrong though....?
If you have the rifle, you have an insert. Easy enough to pull an empty one, refill it, and see if this endeavor is worthwhile.

I just tried it with my 375H&H insert and do not see any value in this caliber: there is no back to the insert so the cartridges are free to slide forward and backward. In the entirely unlikely event that the cartridges don’t fall out entirely, they are not going to be lined up to fit in the magazine. By the time you’ve pulled the empty insert out (it is not designed to be quickly removed and certainly not with frozen fingers), sorted the cartridges, and put the new insert in (not designed to be installed loaded so it may not flex properly to fit) I’d have put three cartridges in, reloaded the gun, and emptied the magazine again.

Bottom line is the system was not designed to be used this way. Feel free to try, but I suspect you’ll come to the same conclusion.

I concur with @Bert the Turtle a spare magazine but not the whole trigger will be much slower and more cumbersome than just hand loading. If you want to rapidly reload, you will need the whole trigger group. I don’t believe the magazine was made to be inserted into the trigger group when full, because the magazine must flex inward first to pass the two little buttons that keep it in the trigger group track.

If you are able to make this work, let us know.

If you have the rifle, you have an insert. Easy enough to pull an empty one, refill it, and see if this endeavor is worthwhile.

I just tried it with my 375H&H insert and do not see any value in this caliber: there is no back to the insert so the cartridges are free to slide forward and backward. In the entirely unlikely event that the cartridges don’t fall out entirely, they are not going to be lined up to fit in the magazine. By the time you’ve pulled the empty insert out (it is not designed to be quickly removed and certainly not with frozen fingers), sorted the cartridges, and put the new insert in (not designed to be installed loaded so it may not flex properly to fit) I’d have put three cartridges in, reloaded the gun, and emptied the magazine again.

Bottom line is the system was not designed to be used this way. Feel free to try, but I suspect you’ll come to the same conclusion.
Well copied, I might have to try it, and it certainly explains why such a thing is not readily available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoannWorra

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!