Any Other Interests???

Fishing, drag racing, I've got a '22 Stang GT waiting for me to return and finish breaking it in. They don't sell Chevys anymore where I live. My time in the states will be relatively short, I live in Thailand, nothing to hunt and guns are illegal (never mind the shootings every day) other wise I'd be reloading etc. oh and did I say I live in Thailand, the women are "friendly"...lol.

Fishing, fishing for the ferocious tiger fish to be exact. It is a hobby because I put a lot of emphasis upon the kit, trying to find the acme in quality and functionality.
Because light tackle is so challenging with this ferocious predator your rod and reel are important, just enough stiffness to set the hook, but soft enough thereafter not to pull it out again.
The rod has evolved to a Megabass Pagani Trad, medium action 6ft with a Shimano Calcutta Conquest 51 and 8lb line. Superb drag.
IMG_9279.jpeg

And for the next up a Smiths medium action 6'3" with a Calcutta Conquest 31 SE that has yet to be delivered. This is a 10lb outfit.
Both are trigger grips so you are in direct contact with that fish.
You have to use wire trace with those teeth, and the terminal tackle has evolved borrowing tie-able wire from fly fishing and our own design spinners. Great fun and very satisfying!

Acoustic Bass,Landscaping my property, vegetable garden, wood working,occasional restoration,outdoor activities (hunting ,fishing ,boating,hiking,skiing,golf,etc.,etc.,etc.), occasional volunteer litter clean up.
Apparently I’m somewhat of a dilettante-lol.
Although, I’m not ashamed of it anymore .

Acoustic Bass,Landscaping my property, vegetable garden, wood working,occasional restoration,outdoor activities (hunting ,fishing ,boating,hiking,skiing,golf,etc.,etc.,etc.), occasional volunteer litter clean up.
Apparently I’m somewhat of a dilettante-lol.
Although, I’m not ashamed of it anymore .
That's excellent. I've had a fair share of interests through the years but not much seems to move me, or even motivate me anymore. I still enjoy playing the piano, I'm a bit of the right brain individual. (If that's the correct side ;)) art, etc.

It's still neat to hear others thoughts & interests. Thank you.

That's excellent. I've had a fair share of interests through the years but not much seems to move me, or even motivate me anymore. I still enjoy playing the piano, I'm a bit of the right brain individual. (If that's the correct side ;)) art, etc.

It's still neat to hear others thoughts & interests. Thank you.
My daughters all play the piano, it is so wonderful to hear. You are so fortunate to have that skill Daniel.

My daughters all play the piano, it is so wonderful to hear. You are so fortunate to have that skill Daniel.
I hope they never lose the spark, it's a lost art. I remember you sharing this long ago and how the Steinway ended up in your home. I'm sure it brings a lot of joy to you & yours when they're home.
There are so many talented artists, trained, etc. that rarely get recognition. Someone shared this on the Facebook page, this was cool.

For any wood related workers, intrigue, appreciation .. this is wild documentary.
Interviews George Weyerhaeuser & his childhood kidnapping. Bonsai's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!