Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.16 AM.png
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.47 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
WAB if I understand correctly you’re saying “$3500” for ONE item? Two are needed to Hunt at night 1). A Thermal Scanner. 2). A Thermal Scope. I’m still estimating that it’s over $5000 total to get in the game and over $15,000 for top equipment. With Thermal imaging the “quality & cost” directory relates to quality and effectiveness. It’s not like getting a Browning and having the exact same “Function” as a Holland & Holland for $50,000 less. I hope I’m wrong because I want to start (had enough of “Red Lights”) but I want very good quality and doubt I can afford more then $5000 to start

I would say that a pulsar trail is near the top of the spectrum and a thermal monocular can be picked up for $1k used. You can spend more if you want to but I’ve killed a lot of hogs and coyotes with what I have.

I would say that a pulsar trail is near the top of the spectrum and a thermal monocular can be picked up for $1k used. You can spend more if you want to but I’ve killed a lot of hogs and coyotes with what I have.
WAB, No hogs where I hunt (yet) and I need to tell Fox from Coyote. My friend had a lower priced Thermal - was poor even under 100 yrds and I used it once and switched back to Red Lights. The biggest improvement for me was getting a “dimmer switch” — starting out on very low illumination it still “lights Eyes” without spooking the animal….slowly increase illumination until target is clearly defined and “bang”. Maybe if I had better success calling (like when I hunt out West) I would invest in top equipment. I will need to keep looking for “used” and get lucky

WAB, No hogs where I hunt (yet) and I need to tell Fox from Coyote. My friend had a lower priced Thermal - was poor even under 100 yrds and I used it once and switched back to Red Lights. The biggest improvement for me was getting a “dimmer switch” — starting out on very low illumination it still “lights Eyes” without spooking the animal….slowly increase illumination until target is clearly defined and “bang”. Maybe if I had better success calling (like when I hunt out West) I would invest in top equipment. I will need to keep looking for “used” and get lucky

Look for a used trail. It will do what you want and is in your price range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasRof

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.