An acquaintance offers me a change

oscar1975

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hello, when I am calmer someone comes and upsets me. The fact is that an acquaintance offers me a change. His Winchester 70 Pre 64 in 416 Remington Magnum for my Ceska 550 Safari Magnum in 458 Lott. He says he has 3 rifles in 416 and none in 458. The Winchester is a great rifle but I love my Ceska and the 458 Lott strikes me as a more serious cartridge than the 416 RM. What do you think? Take care.

Keep you Ur .458 and make him an offer on a .416 make the deal in your favour.

CZ values seems to be rising as they are no longer made.

Hello, when I am calmer someone comes and upsets me. The fact is that an acquaintance offers me a change. His Winchester 70 Pre 64 in 416 Remington Magnum for my Ceska 550 Safari Magnum in 458 Lott. He says he has 3 rifles in 416 and none in 458. The Winchester is a great rifle but I love my Ceska and the 458 Lott strikes me as a more serious cartridge than the 416 RM. What do you think? Take care.
@oscar1975
What a horrible predicament to be in, if only I were that lucky. Send the 458 Lott down the road and take the 416.
Bob

Cz 550 in magnum size action?
I wouldnt think twice! I would grab it before he changes his mind!

I'm not really going to use the 458 or the 416. My budget is not enough to go on safari.
I feel your pain.

I won't need my CZ in .375H&H anytime soon but I own it and I'm keeping it.

I might bust a Buff in Australia yet if not I see no need to surrender it as there still time to save for that safari.

My Cz 458 Lott
IMG_20210530_115150_643.jpg
IMG_20210530_115150_641.jpg
IMG_20210530_115036_454.jpg
IMG_20210530_115150_632.jpg

Wait a bit and maybe you will find a CZ in 416 Rigby to go with your Lott and your H&H .

If the Lott shoots well no way would I make that trade. You are right the Lott is a more serious cartridge for sure.

Wait until the double rifle bug starts to bite!!

Wait a bit and maybe you will find a CZ in 416 Rigby to go with your Lott and your H&H .

If the Lott shoots well no way would I make that trade. You are right the Lott is a more serious cartridge for sure.

Wait until the double rifle bug starts to bite!!
Hello, I am not looking for a 416, only this man exchanged his 416 for my 458 because he has 3 rifles of the 416 and none of the 458. But I am not interested in buying any rifle. What's more, I have two rifles for sale and I should also sell the 458 because I will never go on safari unless I win the lottery. This rifle was an absurd fad.

Yeah , well if it is just an absurd fad sell the 458, no point in getting an absurd 416 either. Get the rifle in the hands of someone who doesn't think it absurd.

Very sad you will never go on safari. So many site sponsors here have some very affordable deals on fantastic sounding hunts.

You asked what we think, that's what I think.

I hunt the smallest (rabbits, partridges, hares). Occasionally I have attended some hunting of wild boar, but it has been more than 15 years that I have not gone hunting. If I kept the 338 WM rifle that I have, I would have plenty.

I hunt the smallest (rabbits, partridges, hares). Occasionally I have attended some hunting of wild boar, but it has been more than 15 years that I have not gone hunting. If I kept the 338 WM rifle that I have, I would have plenty.

I have my father's old Belgium Browning 338 Winchester. Beautiful rifle in a great cartridge. I don't use it much as I have been enamoured with my bigger rifles for now, but I will get my son shooting with it soon.

I think the 338 for plains game would be fantastic as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northerngos

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.