Ammo transportation

wysongdog

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
125
Reaction score
91
Location
Baggs, Wy
Headed to SA in May. Was going to use a small pelican hard case for my ammo. But I thought I read somewhere that in 2019 it has to be in a locking metal case? Anyone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks Bryan
 
Transpiration reminds me of Botany 101! :)

I discussed this subject yesterday with the folks at Travel Express.

They still recommend ammo go into a lockable plastic pelican or similar.
 
You are all set with your Pelican case.
 
I have used an old ammo can before.
You get lots of funny looks in JFK with a can stenciled .30 M2AP

I do not recommend doing that btw.
 
If it is in your checked luggage why worry?

A friend used a plastic one that was marked the same way.
 
Headed to SA in May. Was going to use a small pelican hard case for my ammo. But I thought I read somewhere that in 2019 it has to be in a locking metal case? Anyone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks Bryan

You are good with that case
 
If it is in your checked luggage why worry?

A friend used a plastic one that was marked the same way.
Because some regs require the ammo box be on the belt and checked separately.

It has happened to me.
 
I was referring to the poster being in NY, and in the US it doesn't need to be checked separately.

Now when in South Africa who knows what stares you will get when you check it, but luggage is luggage to most of them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,356
Messages
1,574,063
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top