Americase AT-3 3 Rifle Safari Case New

Letzhunt

AH veteran
Reaction score
I have a New 3 gun Americase rifle case. I don't have the original box but it is new as in never traveled with. I bought it from an SCI auction just this year. I planned on using this for an upcoming Safari but I'm only taking one rifle now so using a different case. I'm very impressed with the build of this case! And as many know they are sought after as they don't make them anymore. This was made with the last run I was told. I did put some "Fragile" "delicate instruments"!decals on it but they will come off easily if you don't want them. I'm not sure what shipping will cost for this thing .... too many variables so it will be additional to the purchaser. $1600 plus shipping.

IMG_8932.jpeg
IMG_8933.jpeg
IMG_8934.jpeg
IMG_8935.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to have wheels. Can you show them, if so? Also, how much does it weigh? Very nice. Thanks!

It does have wheels that are partially inset to keep the profile smaller. I will add a photo when I get home tonight.

Weight is 33 lbs
TY. That's about the same as my 4-rifle/gun HD (Aluminum/Plastic) SKB that's not as durable and now showing its mileage (hinges, locks wearing out, wheel axle bending/binding under loaded weight!) I've carried 2 in it when solo and 4 with my son, but 3 guns could easily work in that case. His SKB bow case got dented/punctured, but at least it was unscathed! Those were from 10-20 yrs ago and they're now made with even more, less-HD plastic parts...

'took a good look at your pics-that IS a Solid unit! I'm guessing the D-rings are to lash add'l. baggage to the top (as rolling gun cases make great luggage carts-absolutely necessary when traveling solo!) I like the separate latches and lock loops. The combo lockable (musical instrument case-style) latches on the competition see double duty and eventually wear out (much easier to break/open.) Also, the wheels on your all-metal box are more HD than the competition-many of the plastic units have an axle that runs to both wheels through holes in the molded plastic body-it flexes under load (and more and more so over time. At some point they'll need maintenance or you'll be dragging it across airports!) TY and I'm certain the add'l. pics will be helpful to All interested!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlejandroM

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.