Alaska QD rings

So for your ruger to have a QD of high quality, your best option is Alaska Arms.

For your Montana Rifle Company 404 your "cheapest" quality QD mounts are going to be Talleys. ($250) If you want the very best modern mount available, an EAW pivot mount is the way to go. (but its $500-$700)

The Talley will be the rings of choice then. $700 for rings aren’t in the budget. Wife would kill me.:V Hitting:
 
In my very limited experience (one 9.3x62 CZ 550), the Talley QDs failed to return to zero. Off two or more MOA in my test. Maybe I did something wrong, but everything seemed to be set up correctly.

I now have two scopes mounted in Alaska Arms QDs for that rifle. Return to Zero is not perfect, but pretty close for both, (again with limited experience).

The Alaska Arms do require some trial and error to get the tension just right.
 
In my very limited experience (one 9.3x62 CZ 550), the Talley QDs failed to return to zero. Off two or more MOA in my test. Maybe I did something wrong, but everything seemed to be set up correctly.

I now have two scopes mounted in Alaska Arms QDs for that rifle. Return to Zero is not perfect, but pretty close for both, (again with limited experience).

The Alaska Arms do require some trial and error to get the tension just right.

Throwing money at it will cure it. $500-$700 EAW / Rechnagel pivot mounts or German Claw mounts are going to give you that less than 1 MOA consistency.

What you can try is to index your levers to they are locked to the same tension each time. (e.g. vertical, 25 inch pounds of force, etc.) As long as you're the one installing them by feel each time and your levers are indexed, you should get to 1 MOA or so. You must also decide if you're pushing the scope forward or pulling it back while tightening the levers and in what order you're locking the levers. 100% consistency on your process will give you less margin of error on the results.

The Warne QD for CZ are nice because that rear notch ensures they sit at the precise same spot each installation. Lower quality product but better design for the CZ550 application.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,007
Members
169,682
Latest member
CarmonWxt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top