Airline Apps-Bag Tracking Feature

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
9,438
Reaction score
21,816
Location
Texas
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
139
Articles
16
Hunting reports
Africa
15
USA/Canada
4
Asia/M.East
2
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Spain, Austria, Australia, TX, CO, NM
One of the best things to come along for traveling hunters in my opinion is the Airline Apps baggage tracking feature. Knowing your gun case was scanned onto the plane is a great reassurance that as you kick back for that first movie and adult beverage all is well with your bags! Just make sure you make note of the tag number for the suitcase versus the gun case so you will know which is which.
The first experience I had with this feature was with Delta. They have a great system and others have followed suit. Finally American has a similar feature after years of junk features that didn’t work.
The problem I have is switching airlines and then the app may not work correctly. For instance on my last Safari I had AA on the first two flights then on to Delta. The AA numbers won’t go in the Delta system.
I wonder if some of you can share your experiences in this regard? What airlines have you used the baggage tracking features and how well did it work for you?
Regards,
Philip
50E7DF1C-E9AE-4A87-A0E9-AC902F7257A2.png
 
Another shot of the app screen.
AAScreenshot1.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,425
Messages
1,575,761
Members
170,388
Latest member
KieraLehma
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top