Sam Beavers

Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Tanzania
Hey Everyone!

The 2022 hunting season was a big one for me. After 4 long and grueling years I was able to sit my Professional Hunting Exam in Tanzania with @Bullet Safaris and thankfully passed! Hopefully Nathan keeps me around for a while...

Finishing up the season in Tanzania I had a very short turn around before I had to head up to guide in Alaska for the moose season.... Oh yeah, in 2022 after another 2 unbelievably hard years as a packer in moose camps in Western Alaska, I was finally able to get my Alaskan Apprentice Guide License. Meaning I am able to guide hunts on my own under a registered outfitter.

Now, to keep a long story short, after an incredible hunting season on 2 different continents, and obtaining those "special" pieces of paperwork that I have worked so hard for over the past couple years.... It all led up to an amazing encounter guiding my first Grizzly Bear hunt. With a bow. At 32 yards.

Here is the link to the video!

Well done on reaching your goals.

Hey Everyone!

The 2022 hunting season was a big one for me. After 4 long and grueling years I was able to sit my Professional Hunting Exam in Tanzania with @Bullet Safaris and thankfully passed! Hopefully Nathan keeps me around for a while...

Finishing up the season in Tanzania I had a very short turn around before I had to head up to guide in Alaska for the moose season.... Oh yeah, in 2022 after another 2 unbelievably hard years as a packer in moose camps in Western Alaska, I was finally able to get my Alaskan Apprentice Guide License. Meaning I am able to guide hunts on my own under a registered outfitter.

Now, to keep a long story short, after an incredible hunting season on 2 different continents, and obtaining those "special" pieces of paperwork that I have worked so hard for over the past couple years.... It all led up to an amazing encounter guiding my first Grizzly Bear hunt. With a bow. At 32 yards.

Here is the link to the video!
Congratulations on your achievements! I don’t mean anything whatsoever by asking this, nor am I trying to insinuate anything, but I’m assuming your hunter requested immediate backup on his bear? Or is that standard operating procedure with bow hunting grizzly/brown bear? I’m genuinely and sincerely curious

Last edited:
On this bear hunt, we had a very tight window on shooting this bear. The meadow the bear was laid up in had very tight thickets of alders on both sides. Having shot a moose in this same patch of meadow the week previous we knew this area very well... I had spoken to the hunter before we got down in there and explained all this to him... He was all for the backup shot and understood that if shot was anything less than perfect I was going to start shooting. If you slow the video down you can see that his arrow hit far back. That bear would of more than likely died from the arrow, but whether that would of been 100 yds away or 10 miles away, I was not taking any chances and wanted to anchor this bear in its place. And shooting it with multiple times with my .458 Lott it did not go far!

On this bear hunt, we had a very tight window on shooting this bear. The meadow the bear was laid up in had very tight thickets of alders on both sides. Having shot a moose in this same patch of meadow the week previous we knew this area very well... I had spoken to the hunter before we got down in there and explained all this to him... He was all for the backup shot and understood that if shot was anything less than perfect I was going to start shooting. If you slow the video down you can see that his arrow hit far back. That bear would of more than likely died from the arrow, but whether that would of been 100 yds away or 10 miles away, I was not taking any chances and wanted to anchor this bear in its place. And shooting it with multiple times with my .458 Lott it did not go far!
Understood (y) (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross